Hair and Cardio

Options
Ladies,

I am asking this question on behalf of my wife. She just got her hair done and she is upset because the can no longer do cardio.

Background. She is a black woman who wears a natural and just got her hair pressed.

QUESTION:

LADIES: If you are in my wife's situation how do you make sure you get your cardio done or make sure you are at a caloric deficit without starving yourself?

Thanks ladies who like to keep your hair looking nice. Your responses will be appreciated.

Replies

• dabascom
    dabascom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I posted this on the news feed too, so sorry for the dup.
    I have a Brazilian keratin treatment. It allows me to do cardio and still keep my hair looking nice.
    It is slightly pricey, but it is worth the convenience to me.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Chocol8teThunder Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey Corey,

In response to your question;
    Unfortunately there is no way to get the work out in you want without a little sacrifice to your do - the key is maintenance. Unfortunately those of us black women who enjoy staying physically fit require a little more work in the hair dept. My hair looks good in that photo but it requires a lot of upkeep and trust me it doesn't always look like that :-). So let ur wife know she's not alone in that struggle - the question becomes "Are you willing to make the sacrifice?" I know I am :-)

This may not have answered your question and I apologize but it's my take on that old age question. Oh yeah and thanks for adding me!