How Many Times Have You Restarted Couch 2 5K?

Options
I've restarted twice already and will be restarting once the weather gets warmer. I hate running in the cold so I do a lot of my cardio DVDs and alternate with weights in the house. I just cannot run in the cold. However, I like starting over and pushing myself further so I don't mind. I was in a group and people would feel like failures when they couldn't just do it in one try. Don't feel like a failure. It happens to the best of us. Just keep trying. You're lapping EVERYONE that's sitting on the couch. Good luck all! :)

Replies

• charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing my second time, I had gotten to week 3 in the past but was just way too unfit to keep up.

I'm on week 3 now and not struggling at all! Hoping I can finish this time, well, I will finish no matter what :drinker:
  • bitsinator
    bitsinator Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I restart it pretty much annually :blushing:

My first time, I did manage to complete it, though my time has never been close to 30 minutes, more like 40-45 min. Since then, my MO is that I basically go strong all spring/summer, fall completely off the wagon in the fall, then get back on after New Year's after I've spent the holiday season binging my face off and don't fit in my pants anymore. I just started again this week -- this is probably my 4th "reboot" in as many years ... this time I started in at W6D2 and managed to do the two 10-minute runs (barely) ... definitely need a couple more sessions to build back up to that 20 minute run in W6D3, blech.
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is my second time restarting C25K. The first time I found it so very hard and gave up on week 3. This time I decided to not give up and I have already made it past the dreaded W5D3. That's the week where you run for 20 minutes non stop no walking... The thing that modivates me and helps to keep going is when I decided to do C25K for the 2nd time I wanted to make sure that I finished it so I signed up for a 5K race a month after the program is complete. That way I have to finish it A) because I paid and signed up for a 5K and I don't want to come in last B) it will keep me running after the prgram is up.

I also found a few fun races that I will sign up for to keep me running. The Chocolate Race and a couple of Santa Claus Run..... The list goes on.... I'm not going to quit this time. :happy:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This Spring will mark my second attempt. I do not run in the cold and we have no sidewalks out here (I run with a jogging stroller for my daughter) so I kind of gave up half way through the program last year. :<
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've restarted twice already and will be restarting once the weather gets warmer. I hate running in the cold so I do a lot of my cardio DVDs and alternate with weights in the house. I just cannot run in the cold. However, I like starting over and pushing myself further so I don't mind. I was in a group and people would feel like failures when they couldn't just do it in one try. Don't feel like a failure. It happens to the best of us. Just keep trying. You're lapping EVERYONE that's sitting on the couch. Good luck all! :)

Cold is a poor reason for not running outside. With proper clothing it should not be a probelm for you. And I live in Massachusetts, so I say this from experience.
  • kjohnson754
    kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, for some people the cold is a VERY good reason. I know people that get very sick because you have to keep breathing that cold air in. If you like to run in the cold, go for it. I'm just not one of those people. But I seriously run my heart out in the spring and summer. I've gotten all the way up to week 5 both times. When I'm not running, however, I work out in the house to keep myself strong so that I can run better in the spring. You don't have to run to stay in shape. There are plenty more cardio exercises that we can do while we wait out the cold.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I hear you - I get cold-induced asthma. But I'm lucky enough to live in Georgia where I can usually work around the coldest days - especially since I have access to a treadmill. I won't take the kids out in the stroller when it's mid-40s or below either. A half hour run is just too cold for a one-year-old, even if I have her bundled up.
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started 4 or 5 times before I finally got all the way through. I stopped once because of an injury, another time due to a period of absurdly high heat and humidity, another time for ice storms. etc. Sometimes the break was long enough that I had to go all the way back to the beginning, and other times I only went back 1-2 weeks. Sometimes I didn't stop, I just stayed on the same week for extra weeks. The final time I tried to get through the program, I forced myself to go out and do it anyway, regardless of weather (I would still have stopped for injury, though). I graduated C25K in a blizzard earlier this year -- admittedly, it felt both awesome and awful at the same time. I've keep running (a little over 5K 3 times per week), and it feels really good. I'm not sure yet if I'll push through the snow/ice next winter or break down and get a gym membership, but I plan to keep running.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have tried and failed far too many times. I think I"m on my 4th or 5th attempt right now. I finished W5 today with no problems, so I don't think I'll have any problems finishing the whole program. The first few failed attempts were all due to health issues and injuy. Luckily all those things are fixed/figured out/diagnosed, and I'm able to do things now that I've never in my life been able to do.
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second go - I started in December, but then got a virus that knocked me back for about a month.

I'm just about to start week 5 - every week (except week 2), Ive found myself saying 'this is definitely my favorite week!!', but I loved week 4, and I love that I can now run a solid chunk of time (I started out pretty much jogging on the spot, then waddling fast, but now its a run!)
  • Nekoki
    Nekoki Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have actually lost count of the number of times I have started and failed although I feel I learn something every time I try.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    lol this is my third run. I gave up the last one in week 8 because it got too cold - how bad is that?!?
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've restarted three times as well. I'm scheduled (and have paid for) a 5k near the end of March, so I'm not quitting this time!