Options
    1. Where were you born?
    Cleveland, Ohio

2. Where do you live at the moment?
    Brooklyn, NY

3. Where else have you lived?
    Chicago, IL
    New Orleans, LA

4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation?
    I currently work in educational technology for a school district. I work on strategy, advocacy, tools and communication around EdTech. I dream of working in youth empowerment for LGBT youth.

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself
    -I never took high school English but used to teach it
    -My degree is in community organizing/activism and politics
    -Hiring a personal trainer was the only way to get my *kitten* to go to the gym because I was paying for it and money is motivation
    -I'm a vegetarian
    -I have 6 brothers and sisters - 3 brothers and 3 sisters.

I get along with all types of people. Looking forward to making some MFP friends.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi, Dave from UK, here.

In my mind I was a bear, it took my husband a lot of courage to point out that I had crossed the boundary from bear to chub bordering on the really chubby.

Anyway we're doing this journey together, and all I can say is I love the extra benefits! Even the hairy chest looks hairier now the follicles have less acreage to cover LOL

All friends, support etc are very welcome.

Daveh
  • cuddlychap
    cuddlychap Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Even the hairy chest looks hairier now the follicles have less acreage to cover LOL

Well, that's a definite advantage.
  • gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Introducing me! Feel free to add, Been on MFP since last year, stopped and started again, plan is to bulk up and get cut, just like the rest of us!

1. Where were you born?
    London, UK

Manchester, UK

Saudi Arabia
    Ireland
    Holland
    Wales
    Surrey, Cardiff, Cheshire, Liverpool

Currently: Acquisition Surveyor
    Dream: Science Geek!

* I can't do Zumba because it's too much fun and giggles!
    * I feel like I rent a room from my cat
    * I do like to cook but prefer watching other do it
    * I own a battered Alfa Romeo that still has a great engine
    * Don't like the scene!
  • jcmelbau
    jcmelbau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, Just joined today, thought I'd give this a go instead of WW which I always seem to go back to. Feel free to add me :)

1. Where were you born?
    Basingstoke, UK

Gold Coast, Australia

Bristol
    Dublin
    London
    Swansea
    Minehead
    Melbourne
    India

Risk Manager, and dream of something a little more fun :)

1. I'm 38 and have been with my partner for 13 years who I met when I was holidaying in Australia
    2. We have lots of animals (3 dogs, 3 cats and a parrot)
    3. After 12 years in Melbourne have just moved to Queensland for a seachange
    4. I enjoy travelling, though thankfully no longer for work
    5. All my family are still in the UK
  • EricFL954
    EricFL954 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eric here from Fort Lauderdale Florida

I have lived in Miami, New Jersey, New York City, San Antonio, Springfield Missouri
  • JimminyC
    JimminyC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. Decided to give it a try after seeing some old friends who have had great success, and are looking fantastic. Anyway, wouldn't mind having some more friends here for mutual support.

1. Where were you born?
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Seattle, WA

New York, NY
    Montreal, P.Q.
    London, England
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Menlo Park, CA

Retired (finance and investments), I'd love to be a travel photographer

5. Tell us 5 things about yourself
    a. My partner and I have been together for 18 years and we plan to marry later this year (Thank you Washington voters!)
    b. We love to travel (I've been to all seven continents)
    c. My favorite recreational activities are: photography, cooking and gardening
    d. I have a fraternal twin brother who is my exact opposite
    e. One of my favorite events each year is Oktoberfest in Munich (but not the drunken partying!)

35657003.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MVarghese418
    MVarghese418 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So my name is martin, I live in Chicago with my partner and two dogs. Previously, I have lived in DC/Baltimore, St Louis MO and originally from the 'burbs of Kansas CIty. I am an attorney and work for a tv station group as the head of HR. I love my job but we have so much food and candy around the office. Of of my coworkers actually got me turned on to MFP.

I lost of a ton of weight when I came out of the closet but since I went to law school and partnered up, it all came creeping back. Even my dad has been joking that now that I am an old married man, gay or straight, I have the middle aged spread. Coming from a strict catholic who grew up in india, I will take that as a compliment that he can't separate gay marriage from straight.

Unfortunately, I am only 33 so it is too early for that middle aged spread to hit full swing! So it is time to change that.
  • MVarghese418
    MVarghese418 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Eric here from Fort Lauderdale Florida

I have lived in Miami, New Jersey, New York City, San Antonio, Springfield Missouri

i just spent the weekend in Boca Raton with my in-laws. I do enjoy some fun in the sun (and in the dark at swinging richards).
  • choncho007
    choncho007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Austin :)
    Where were you born: Payson UT.
    Where do you live at the moment: Provo UT
    Where else have you Lived? Wyoming and Idaho
    What is your current occupation? Currently looking for employment. Dream Job? Probably to be a great chef :)
    Tell us 5 things about yourself?
    a: I am gay and have known since I started finding people attractive. Finding it hard to tell most people. Most of my friends know, and I also told my family but they either forgot, or they are trying to just forget it. Hard being gay living in Utah with a LDS family that is for sure.
    b: I love being with my friends and playing video games and hopefully going to school this fall.
    c: I love dogs, they have always brought me joy :)
    d: I am not a very outdoors kinda guy but hopefully dieting and working out will change the way I think about that.
    e: Lastly, well lets see, I love traveling, I can crochet :) And I just love doing things that make me happy, always seem to find something new I enjoy.
    Feel free to add me as well!! :) Have a great day everyone
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Middle Age married spread
    Completely understand that my husband and I gained 200 pounds together and then fealised what the F are we doing and then list it together!!!! Sooooo much better to lose it! Good luck!

So my name is martin, I live in Chicago with my partner and two dogs. Previously, I have lived in DC/Baltimore, St Louis MO and originally from the 'burbs of Kansas CIty. I am an attorney and work for a tv station group as the head of HR. I love my job but we have so much food and candy around the office. Of of my coworkers actually got me turned on to MFP.

I lost of a ton of weight when I came out of the closet but since I went to law school and partnered up, it all came creeping back. Even my dad has been joking that now that I am an old married man, gay or straight, I have the middle aged spread. Coming from a strict catholic who grew up in india, I will take that as a compliment that he can't separate gay marriage from straight.

Unfortunately, I am only 33 so it is too early for that middle aged spread to hit full swing! So it is time to change that.
  • scot1026
    Options
    BAZINGA!

hello : )
  • nygr8guy
    nygr8guy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm here too. Feel free to friend me!
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Me! I want diet friends! Gay diet friends! lol
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
    Me! I want diet friends! Gay diet friends! lol
  • dude972123
    dude972123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I could always use some diet friends!
  • alanfogarty
    Options
    Hi,

I'm open to any Mfp pals that have similar goals to me.

Want to loose weight 100+

Currently doing the c25k app

Living in Tipperary Ireland at the moment and that is where I am from.

I have previously lived in London, Wellington Nz, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Love to travel. Just moved back to Ireland and currently on the job hunt.

Extremely single ????

Want to be fit and healthy in the future
  • SteveTeacherGuy
    SteveTeacherGuy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

31 Here. Looking for some gay friends around my age who want to be pals through this weight loss journey.

Hit me up if you're looking for the same.

Good luck to everyone on reaching your goals.

Steve
  • TheRealJohnnyDelWalker
    Options
    Cool idea....love it. Feel free to friend me too!
  • John_m_c
    Options
    I'm here too, just joined and looking for some pals to make this less of a chore!