Surgery tomorrow

Options
Tomorrow is my surgery at 11:45. If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer. I'm getting a bit nervous, but I'm really excited to put my new tool to work. This is the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I'm down almost 15 lbs with my liquid diet. I have to update my ticker for today's check in still. It was a struggle on some days with the liquid diet. But its much easier now. I will post once I'm able to, bring the ipod with me.

Replies

• ivowtodoit
    ivowtodoit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on WLS I will keep you in my prayers.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Prayers for your upcoming surgery. Which procedure are you having? I had RNY on 9/27/12. Keep us posted on your progress--if you need support or another friend, feel free to add me! I log on every day.
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Praying that all goes well. You have worked hard and deserve all that your new life will bring. You are simply fabulous my dear!!
  • PhyllisW1971
    Options
    will keep you in my thoughts and prayers !!!!
  • cakelady69
    Options
    thanks everyone. I am having RNY. I appreciate the prayers and thoughts.

ragslittle-thank you my friend. I appreciate your continued support. I love seeing you updates each day. You are amazing.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I will keep you in mind!!!

Best Wishes~Rhonda
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just said a prayer :)
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best. You are right it is a new chapter in your life. I hope you will end up thinking that this is the best thing you have done for yourself.
  • jamers1949
    Options
    Best wishes !! I will keep you in my prayers .Get ready for a wonderful new and exciting life!!!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    TODAY is YOUR DAY :drinker:

Just think, when you wake up, you will be so much closer to being the best you can be. It probably won't be easy (what is?) but you now have a marvelous tool and a group of fantastic losers :heart: to help you along that path to good health.

Prayers for you, and be sure to update us when you can. :flowerforyou:
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just saw this and am keeping you in my thoughts!
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and just go one day at a time!
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Best wishes and will say a prayer for you!
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you! I can imagine how excited and also a bit nervous I will be before my own surgery, probably in April. You've done so well already that by April you'll be well on your way to a much improved life. Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. Prayers now for you.
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for a safe surgery. I had my RNY 6 and 1/2 months ago -best decision I ever made! Prayers your way.
  • cakelady69
    Options
    hey everyone. things went good as far as the surgery its self. I had a really bad time with being put under and was very sick from then on till about yesterday. I came home on Weds. night. That has been helpful. Otherwise, I had no pain from the surgery at all. I did not use the pain meds at the hospital or home. If it was not for the nausea it would have been a breeze. Just trying now to sip, sip, sip and walk to keep the nausea at bay. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. It helped. Plus the scale is already down 6.5 lbs since Monday morning.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are home and your surgery went well. I am sorry you had problems with knock out drugs. I do too and I always tell them in advance that they make me vomit. They gave me a nausea patch to wear during the surgery and gave me anti nause drugs after the surgery that helped and I didn't get sick.
    Walk, sip, rest and repeat!
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Glad everything went well, I had no pain or nausea or anything. Sorry you had trouble with meds and going under. You're lucky you lost I gained like 9 pounds I think while in the hospital from IV fluids.
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Glad you are home.... patience now, don't expect too many miracles these first days, weeks. Get your strength back and remember - after water - it's protein first, always. Keep us informed. Prayers. :bigsmile:
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your surgery went well. I also was a cake decorator for44 years, retiring in 2010. I was 309 pre-surgery on 12/30/2009 and now am 162 and still trying to hit goal of 30 more pounds. My body wants to be at this weight. You will do great and will amaze yourself at how great you will look and feel. Friend me so we can keep in touch.