New to the site...how do you adjust daily calorie intake?

Options
Hey there,
I had my sleeve done on 11/13/12. I am down 41 pounds at week 10. I was hoping it would be more...so I am looking for ways to motivate and stay on track. Have heard about Myfitnesspal from a few other websites.

How do you adjust your daily calories in your profile? For my current weight it says I should be eating approx 1700 calories a day. But as we all know as "sleevers" we should stay between 800-1000. Do you all just enter what you eat and then have the difference show up as a minus?

Any advice on how to "work" this site would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Trish:smile:

Replies

• SpottedDogMom
    SpottedDogMom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Trish. if you go to your My Home page and select Goals (just below My Home) you see a Change Goals option at the bottom of the page. If you use the custom settings, you can change your calorie goals (along with protein, fiber, etc.) to whatever you need them to be. I hope this helps!
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey WELCOME :flowerforyou:
    THAT IS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION !!!!
    those of us that will be taking in fewer calories ON PURPOSE because of the procedure basically have to reset all of the GOALS and nutrition intake.
    THIS site doesn't have (but should) a log in for surgically altered stomachs :tongue: And since there are different stages of the journey for the stages of eating it would probably be difficult to make that option to log in. ANY WAY ~
    if you're working out / going to the gym / exercising THAT'S AWESOME !
    It wont be long before you'll be taking in 1000 + a day and be doing fine. I usually am under my calories for the day, and don't log my exercise. That keeps my log pretty accurate.
    REMEMBER we need more PROTEIN, and lots of water !!
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! :wink:
  • sandsmom3
    Options
    Thank you Ladies! So appreciate the comments and the encouragement! Need all the HELP I can get!:flowerforyou:
  • KathieD213
    KathieD213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    May I ask what some of you have adjusted your daily calorie/fat/carb/protein levels to? I found how to do it, thank you, but now what do I set it at...
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    This is what my program said:

Calorie 800 or less
    Protein 70 g or more
    Carbs 40 g or less
    Fat 30 g or less

That was what everyone started out with and then they adjust you based on things like how fast you are losing, how short you are, how much you work out. But that works as a general guideline for most people especially to start with.
  • shelleyjo1970
    shelleyjo1970 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had my surg. Dec 11, 2012 I will be 12 weeks post op tomorrow. My Doctor has me on a 300 to 800 calorie diet a day. With 75 grams of Protein a day. I have lost 67 pounds to date. I eat three meals and a snack per day and most days I am right at 500 to 700. I hope this helps. Shelley