Memorial Day Weight Loss Challenge...Any Takers?

Options
Hi!

I''ve been unmotivated as of late. This past week I seemed to have found my mojo again. So I am hoping to ride the wave. :smile:

I thought maybe a friendly challenge could keep the focus as I move into summer. It would run from 2/25 to 5/25 (which marks the Memorial Day weekend).

What comes to mind is having a Low Carb Biggest Loser style challenge. Since we are all at different weights in our journey, this way makes the end result based on % of weight loss. So, it equals the challenge field. Also, we could have mini-challenges along the way...such as track food for a week; try a new recipe; exercise...I am open to suggestions.

The week will run Sunday through Saturday. Post your weight on the day you weigh in . For your start weight of the challenge, you can use your weight from the week of 2/17 - 2/23 or the starting week. Anyone can join at any time.

If you are interested, post and let me know.

Replies

• Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im open to kicking your butt in this competition! Lol Lets do this!!! I have about 15-20 lbs to lose and I love the accountability of being in a group of like minded people!
    -Charlie
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    I like your spunk Charlie!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    ...each week I will post the results of % of body fat lost. If you don't want to publicize your weight, you can send it to me and I will keep it on a spreadsheet (for my eyes only).
  • rnlenore
    rnlenore Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Might be the accountability I need! I graduate the first week of June and I would like to be 30lbs lighter. I am very new to low carb. I have been working at it only I few days trying to get a feel for it before I start induction for atkins on Monday.
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Welcome lenorepyett ! I am hoping to lose 30 by then as well. We have several summer getaways planned and I don't want to sit on the sidelines!

I am an Atkins follower, so if you have any questions let me know and I will help in any way that I can.
  • kpierce169
    kpierce169 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Why not! We all can use a bit of motivation! I'm in.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Welcome KPierce and Strawmama! I am really excited! The great thing is that when the enthusiasm starts to teeter, we can rally together to see it thru the end!!!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I went back to full on VLCHF yesterday so why not.

I am @275. Goal 230 by May 27.
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need some mojo!! Will it be a separate new group or just adding to this one?
  • Sasmin40
    Options
    I'm in too! Want to lose 25 pounds by the 25th.
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Welcome all! I will post a new thread each week of the challenge. Day 1 begins tomorrow.
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    NOTE: this thread is closed. The new challenge thread is posted as Memorial Day low carber weight loss challenge -week 1. Please join us there.

All are welcome.
  • tarakay84
    Options
    i'm in!