Week of February 18th Challenge!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to another weekly challenge!! We are continuing on a conservative pace to account for new members so everyone should be able to get on board.

We have a leader board!!!
Alana :flowerforyou:
Deanna

Completed last week with flying colors! Good job! Alana also earned the flower for trying something new!

Don't forget to report your progress to be included in the leader board either on this board or private message me.

Let's get things moving!

This week's goal:

160 minutes of cardio
5 days in the green (staying under in calories)
8 cups of water 5 days
2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days
For a bonus ** Try an exercise you've never done before or haven't done recently for one of your workouts. For example if you are a walker try a stationary bike or a Zumba class. If you love Zumba try a kickboxing or elliptical. Anything you'd like!

If you are new jump right in! We report our results on this strain every Sunday night to be included on the leader board for the following week.

Welcome to the newbies take a minute to introduce yourself to each other.

My name is Melissa and I look forward to meeting you all! We can do this!! :smile:

Replies

• karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in this one :) I didn't start logging until the middle of last week, but completed some of the goals! We post sunday right? I finally got back to yoga at the YMCA and it felt great:love:
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    What kind of yoga? I am not too limber, I would probably fall over!!! Welcome to the challenge!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    ^^^ Lol Alana I am not flexible either and only have tried yoga at home because I DO fall over! :laugh:

Good to have you in the challenge Karmahealer!!
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yoga? hmmm..was trying to think of something new! my daughter has some beginner dvds think i will check it out...might make for a funny story later tho! thanks for the idea! Good luck ladies, we got this!
  • karmahealer
    Options
    Hi again, I do hatha yoga in a class at the YMCA. It was intimidating at first, since all but a handful of people are super trim/healthy looking. I have to adapt some of the poses, and some I just can not do at all. The instructor is awesome, and helps me find things I can do. I have arthritis in my spine, a skin disorder where my hands and feet, crack and are very painful, and a hip that is beginning to dislocate. Plus, I started when I weighed 320 lbs, and I always leave class feeling so alive, open, and hopeful. I love yoga <3 and I want to be just like the 70 year olds in my class, who are so flexible and serene looking. :flowerforyou: PS: was able to clasp my hands behind my back for the first time on weds. :love: Remember yoga is a personal practice and each person has their own limitations :heart: If you're thinking about it give it a try :)
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Checking in! :smile:

5 days in the green -- yes
    5 days water -- yes
    Cardio -- no (I am on a fast cleanse and didn't want to over do it the first week no passing out on the treadmill)
    Try something new I did try one of Bob Harper's Dvd's I hadn't tried yet .. on Monday before the cleanse started
  • karmahealer
    Options
    250 minutes of cardio:love:
    12 to 15 cups of water 5 days

Made it to yoga 2x this week after 4 months inactive:bigsmile: and Biggest loser Cardio Max dvd
  • LadyShadows
    LadyShadows Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am new so hope I am posting this correct.
    I did the 160 of cardio.
    5 days in green under calories- Yes
    8 cups of water plus all week -Yes
    2 servings of veggies all week. Yes I didn't make it with the fruit. no
    Bonus- something not done before I tried pilates.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Oh My Gosh! I love seeing all the successes!

Melissa---you are doing great sticking with the cleanse---such a bold move!

I am inspired to try yoga this week!

I had a great week!

160 minutes of cardio
    YES! over 300

YES! only one day went over---my relax day!

8 cups of water 5 days
    YES!

Yes---but I have to say that most of it is V-8. I am not the greatest with veggies.

For a bonus ** Try an exercise you've never done before or haven't done recently for one of your workouts.
    YES! I tried a different leslie sansone video---doing the 45 minute/3 mile walk. I LOVE IT! she looks so innocent, but she makes me sweat!

I LOVE to read all your posts----I get so many great ideas~!

XOXOXOX---Alana
  • roundtherink
    Options
    160 minutes of cardio- Check!
    5 days in the green (staying under in calories) Check!
    8 cups of water 5 days Nope, only 4 days.
    2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days- No, only 3 days
    For a bonus ** Try an exercise you've never done before or haven't done recently for one of your workouts. - Nothing new this week. I had a 5K Saturday morning so I didn't want to risk injury with a new exercise.
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow...awesome job everyone! did better this week than last..big improvement water wise for me. i found some yoga vids i want to try..but honestly thats as far as i got. maybe this is the week...

160 minutes of cardio? got in 525 minutes

5 days in the green (staying under in calories)? check..all week actually...first week since i started MFP that i came in under 30%fat(my goal)..i hit 28%

8 cups of water 5 days ? Yep...missed one day was under 2 cups, but strangely i had 10 the day before..lol

2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days ? got my 16 oz v8 in every day!

For a bonus ** Try an exercise you've never done before or haven't done recently for one of your workouts.? intentions were there, didnt quite make it...got excited about being able to finish my 5mile mile walk at home aerobic vid in one shot and did a few tiems thru the week.

see you all next week!