Replies

• devletam
    Options
    JazakAllah khairan sis :)
  • TahleelDreamy
    TahleelDreamy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Salaam ya'll,

I am Tahleel from Texas. I reverted 12 years ago and joined mfp about 1 year ago. In 2011 I lost 16 lbs, in 2012 I lost 40 more. This winter/spring I just hope to maintain or gain very little, as I am 16 weeks preggo al hamdulilah. Life is great and so is Allah (alright that was cheesey, i know:)
  • zyanadryn
    zyanadryn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya everybody!
    I am happy I found this group. I reverted to Islam at the end of September 2012. I am a divorced single mom of three wonderful(sometimes) teenagers. 16, 14, and 13. Love 'em to pieces (when they are not driving me crazy...lol).
    I have been overweight for almost 17 years now. Gained the baby belly and never lost it. I found Mfp just before Christmas and I have been diligent ever since. It's hard struggling to loose weight, but it is worth it in the end. Nt trying to be skinny just healthy. Hope to keep you posted. Inshallah and good evening everybody!
  • basmah1019
    Options
    As salaamu alaikum, my name is Basmah and I live in Indiananpolis, IN. I just joined LA Fitness and love it. I also use the Nike Training Center App. I have a good support group with my co-workers. Groups like this are also supportive!
  • thiathia
    thiathia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Assalamu alaikum, my name is Nafessa and I live in Atlanta, GA. I joined MFP a while ago but never really took it seriopusly. I am 5'9" and weigh 153 lbs. I would love to lose 20 lbs.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    i would love to get to 153. i'm 5'6' 178.
  • Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh,

My name is Imaan. I'm a 40 years old muslim mum to 4 kids, Alhamdulillah.
    I live in The Netherlands. So glad I've found you all here, Alhamdulillah.

I lift weights 4 days a week and add a little cardio in sometimes. Not really focussing on losing weight ( at this point ) rather trying to build muscle and lowering the bodyfat Insha Allaah.

Would love to add some sisters that have similair goals/workout routine Insha Allaah.

BaarakAllahu feekum,

wassalaam

Imaan
  • hkabteni
    Options
    Salaam Alaykoum. I am Heather. I am here to lose some weight, inshaAllah. I used to be very fit and athletic in my teens and early twenties. However, due to some stress, both physical and amongst my family and friends, I have resorted to comfort eating. In 6 years I have managed to gain over 85 pounds. I also had three pregnancies in that time, resulting in my two living sons, alhamdulileh. If anyone is looking for an accountability partner or even just a friend please feel free to add me.
  • hkabteni
    Options
    As salaamu alaikum, my name is Basmah and I live in Indiananpolis, IN. I just joined LA Fitness and love it. I also use the Nike Training Center App. I have a good support group with my co-workers. Groups like this are also supportive!

I use the Nike Fuel Band, have you heard of it? I really like it.
  • Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Salaam Alaykoum. I am Heather. I am here to lose some weight, inshaAllah. I used to be very fit and athletic in my teens and early twenties. However, due to some stress, both physical and amongst my family and friends, I have resorted to comfort eating. In 6 years I have managed to gain over 85 pounds. I also had three pregnancies in that time, resulting in my two living sons, alhamdulileh. If anyone is looking for an accountability partner or even just a friend please feel free to add me.

Wa alaikum salaam sister, I've sent you a friend request!
  • rori_74
    rori_74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Slamo alikom ,
    i'm 38 years old , married for 12 years now with no children , and i was born Muslim, I have tremendous respect for anyone who's converted to Islam, mashaAllah . I think it must have taken a lot of faith and conviction to convert, may Allah bless all of you.
    looking forward to have as mush support and friend as i can get :)
    so please feel free to add me
  • sendoola
    sendoola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Asalamu Alaikum/Hello everyone!

I would like to get fit before my wedding coming up in May. I am a master's student in nutrition. I believe that if you eat healthily and exercise regularly, you will get to your healthy body weight over time without hard and annoying diets! Feel free to add me to get support and I would appreciate support as well!!
  • rori_74
    rori_74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Asalamu Alaikum/Hello everyone!

I would like to get fit before my wedding coming up in May. I am a master's student in nutrition. I believe that if you eat healthily and exercise regularly, you will get to your healthy body weight over time without hard and annoying diets! Feel free to add me to get support and I would appreciate support as well!!

Salamu alikom / hi
    i could use your help and support :) friend request sent
  • rebecca_c
    rebecca_c Posts: 12
    Options
    asalam alaikom everyone! I'm 31, married mom of 2 in Minnesota USA. Hoping to lose about 100 lbs for my health and my family's sake. alhamdulillah ^_^ so happy to find so many muslims on here. Please feel free to add me, more friends = more support. salam!
  • TiffanyRaeScott
    Options
    Asalam Alaikom sisters!
    My names Tiffany, and I converted around two years ago to Islam at the age of 16. I am only Muslim in my family. I am young and I want to start to take better care of my health now. I am excited that there are Muslim women on here! I'm not married and I never left Missouri, yet. But inshallah i will visit many countries. I have never had a Muslim women who was my friend so I think I will meet some great friends here, while we all fight to be healthy and fit.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi. I haven't converted yet. I'm still studying. However, it feels right. I will be the first in a non religious Christian family to do so and I will not get much emotional support. A couple of my friends have already made it clear that they will refuse to be seen with me in a hijab. It will be quite a life change. But I think Allah calls.

I just needed to say that to someone.

Thank You.
  • jenevakay
    jenevakay Posts: 5
    Options
    ASA- I honestly don't know if I've done an introduction in here yet. In any case, I became a Muslim back in 1990, and in October of 2013, it will be 23 years. I've been married for going on 29 years, alhamdulilah wa shukr. Most of our 6 kids are well into adulthood now, alhamdulilah. Anyway, I set my goals low here and then I'll change them when I've gotten closer. So far, I've lost 37 lb. I remember when my first grandson was born back in '08, and I actually had no room in my lap for him because of my belly. Ew. So far, my belly is getting smaller and my lap and legs are making an appearance again :)
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    Hi. I haven't converted yet. I'm still studying. However, it feels right. I will be the first in a non religious Christian family to do so and I will not get much emotional support. A couple of my friends have already made it clear that they will refuse to be seen with me in a hijab. It will be quite a life change. But I think Allah calls.

I just needed to say that to someone.

Thank You.
    t
    Alhamdulillah sis. when Allah guided me to Islam i was the only one in my family to be Muslim, i am still the only Muslim in my family but i have an accepting family. YES, it will be tough being the only one in your family to be in a religion that is so misunderstand by the majority of people. but i say stay strong and ask Allah to guide you. If your so called friend will not want to be seen with u then you have to ask yourself how much of a friend were they in the first place. besides once Allah has touched your heart, it will be difficult for you to continue to hang out and do the things you did in the beginning anyway, not because u know it goes against Islam ,but u will begin to feel uncomfortable doing them, that's when u know u have changed. May Allah guide u.
  • Noory44
    Noory44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Aslamu Alaikum everyone! I'm from Toronto, been on MFP for a few years but just recently started Atkins/ low carb (loosely) it's hard but i'm already noticing some change. I just don't know how i'll fare once Ramadan starts. Insha Allah it will go smoothly , anyone else on here doing low carb?
  • UmNoor73
    UmNoor73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Asslaam wa alaikum..
    I am UmNoor. I live in Toledo,Ohio with my wonderful husband and 5 beautiful children. I converted to Islam 16 years ago, I alhmdulilah. I would love to connect with other muslimah for motivation and encouragement during this weight loss journey. I want to become healthier for not only myself, but for my husband and children. After a very long six months of my husband becoming ill, realization has hit hard. Alhumduliah he has been doing better, but my determination is stronger each day. Please feel free to add me :)