Ey up me duck from the East Midlands

Options
ell5bell5
ell5bell5 Posts: 38 Member
.... I don't actually say ey up me duck.... but it sounded like I should !

Hi, I'm Ells, 27 , from the East Midlands, I've roughly a stone left to go, I've got 2 kids,a cat and dog and the worst predictive text on my phone ever. !

I'm quite friendly and I don't bite!

Anyway. I'm following the Tdee approach and am probably getting more obsessed than I should over thus, but its lovely to see some fellow British people to keep me on the straight and narrow!

So if anyone fancies popping up on my friend list that would be cool.

Replies

• DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have customers from that neck of the woods and they all call me duck, its quite amusing!

*quack*
  • ell5bell5
    Options
    My Grandpa says duckie ... But I've not heard anyone else here use it.... Or maybe I just don't hear it now !
  • lyn1uk
    lyn1uk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm living in Chesterfield and you here it all the time. In Sheffield its 'love' when i lived in essex it was 'boy/girl' and in Cornwall it seems to be 'my lover'! its wierd where all these little sayings come to be
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha - I'm a chesterfield/Sheffield girl as well. So "duck/love" is a daily staple for me too :happy: My father in law says "duck" so it still dots around in normal conversation.

I'm following the TDEE (after a fashion!) and know what you mean about obsession on those numbers. Its taking me a long long time to get over my previous "eat 800 kcals a day" jobbie.
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha - I'm a chesterfield/Sheffield girl as well. So "duck/love" is a daily staple for me too :happy: My father in law says "duck" so it still dots around in normal conversation.

I'm following the TDEE (after a fashion!) and know what you mean about obsession on those numbers. Its taking me a long long time to get over my previous "eat 800 kcals a day" jobbie.
  • ell5bell5
    Options
    I use love quite a lot !

Or my lovely....probably too much !
  • Malteaster
    Malteaster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm from near Ilkeston, and duck is quite common. When I was in Sheffield it always amazed me that bus drivers called everyone, male and female love. I used to love the reactions of fellow (male) students from other parts of the country.
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    lol i live in this part of the woods and yes we say love a lot but i think we are a lovely love lololol
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Leicester lass here, I use m'dear, my Lovely on a regular basis, but never m'duck. Still hear it often enough tho, mostly amongst the older folks.

Following TDEE here too and yup, obsessed with the numbers!