Any other short girls here?

Options
flowernat
flowernat Posts: 10 Member
Need to loose a few pounds looking for fellow petites. I am 5 ft and 116 pounds. GW 105-108
Could looks some pals for motivation...

Replies

• Guboka4141
    Options
    Hi! I am 5 ft too! I am about 106 pounds, but I know that my body fat percentage is a bit high. I just want to get fit and not run out of breath when I walk up the school stairs :D
  • jlynnjaxon
    jlynnjaxon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have your stats -
    I'm 4'11"
    CW 117
    GW 105

:)
  • stephotis
    stephotis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 105, and want to gain muscle.. not just be "skinny". I feel terrible and need to start strength training!
  • dareagansmom
    dareagansmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too. 5'1" 114lbs. Want to be at 102-105 range.
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 100lbs, working on body composition and figuring out my maintenance calories!

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" and 100 pounds working on continued fitness (not weight loss). I don't consider myself skinny fat. But, this looks like a good fitness group for people that don't want to lose weight.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    4'11 105pounds - 17% body fat.
    Trying to gain muscle.... interested in knowing what your daily calorie goals are...
  • ncarpenter2
    Options
    I am obviously a little late to this post but I am new to the group. I am in your boat almost exactly. I am 5ft tall and currently 117 pounds. My goal weight is 105 but I will settle for 110. I am wondering what you are all doing to lose those few pounds. I find it very difficult to do so. MFP suggests I eat 1200 calories. I just can't do it, I love food and wine too much. I end up between 1400 - 1700. I am usually able to run and do either abs or very quick and light free weights on my lunch break at the gym in my office. This workout is never more than 45 minutes. I also try and take a yoga class once a week and run at least once on the weekend. I'm in CT so the winter can be my nemesis though. I tried a boxing class last night and loved it so that once a week should at least start the weight loss process for me.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am obviously a little late to this post but I am new to the group. I am in your boat almost exactly. I am 5ft tall and currently 117 pounds. My goal weight is 105 but I will settle for 110. I am wondering what you are all doing to lose those few pounds. I find it very difficult to do so. MFP suggests I eat 1200 calories. I just can't do it, I love food and wine too much. I end up between 1400 - 1700. I am usually able to run and do either abs or very quick and light free weights on my lunch break at the gym in my office. This workout is never more than 45 minutes. I also try and take a yoga class once a week and run at least once on the weekend. I'm in CT so the winter can be my nemesis though. I tried a boxing class last night and loved it so that once a week should at least start the weight loss process for me.

it sounds like you are on the right track. if you workout like you say, eating 1400-1700 should be fine.
    Maybe look into getting a HRM and just follow your calories closer to aid in weight loss.
    I love boxing type workouts too. I feel it made a different when I was doing that once a week.
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 106 lbs, and not too concerned about the number on the scale, as I am just wanting to be a stronger, faster, healthier person, and hopefully gain some muscle definition in the process, because I'm all jiggles right now. I am actually not really sure if I weigh 106 anymore, because I haven't stepped on a scale in a loooooooong time LOL. My pants still fit the same, so I assume I probably still weigh around 106.

I find that on rest days, I eat about 1200-1400 calories (I usually still do some weight training on my rest days, just ab work or some lunges, nothing too intense). On days I work out, I do running or a cardio sculpt class (calisthenics and weights etc), and I bump up my calorie intake to at least 1700, or else I am too fatigued to get a good workout, and I poop out halfway. I would say it's a good thing to not reduce your calorie intake to the point where you don't have energy.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Me!
    I'm 5' 1". I'm at 134 currently (thanks to 3 lovely babies) and I'm still trying to work out what my goal weight should be...
  • tmdavis75
    tmdavis75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 and 128 lbs. i'd love to get to 120 but cant imagine getting any lower than that
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm 5,2 an 104 lbs, just looking to tone up! Going well so far, seeing results already after about a month exercising. I am on 1400 calories a day + exercise ones.
  • rachele1980
    rachele1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'1 and currently 109. If i lose weight awesome but i really want to lose inches. Mostly i want to tone up and get stronger and leaner! i am actually doing/trying to do 1200 calories. i see loads of posts on mfp about NOT doing that though.
  • abzzz3
    abzzz3 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm feeling you. I'm 5ft. and 70 lbs.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling you. I'm 5ft. and 70 lbs.

I hope that's a typo! 70 lbs is scary skinny, even on a 5 foot woman.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my weight fluctuates between 108-113 lbs. I'm working on toning up right now. Anyone else have trouble finding small enough clothes sometimes?
  • Ickle_Star
    Ickle_Star Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and CW 121, GW 115. Body fat % = 13%. Want to get down to 10%. Buddy up?
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" 123Lbs and wait for it.....37% BF! I really don't get it :cry:
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/845304-any-other-short-girls-here?quote=14031438#
    I'm 5'2" 123Lbs and wait for it.....37% BF! I really don't get it :cry:

I feel ya, 5'1" and fluctuating between 127 - 130 lbs. and 28% body fat :sad: I lost over 80 pounds so I'm happy with what I've accomplished these past 2 years but my belly is the only thing getting in my way of being happy with my body. Feel free to add me I'd love more petite friends: wink: