02/24/13 to 03/02/13 Run, Walk or Crawl

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
“I run because if I didn’t, I’d be sluggish and glum and spend too much time on the couch. I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run to escape the ordinary. I run…to savor the trip along the way. Life becomes a little more vibrant, a little more intense. I like that.”
― Dean Karnazes

“I run because long after my footprints fade away, maybe I will have inspired a few to reject the easy path, hit the trails, put one foot in front of the other, and come to the same conclusion I did: I run because it always takes me where I want to go.”
― Dean Karnazes

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

“If you are losing faith in human nature, go out and watch a marathon.”
― Kathrine Switzer

Replies

• nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 60 min elliptical - 5k

Decided to log in around 5k for 40 to 60 min on elliptical as the panel is not working and am still waiting for the technician
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Today I completed my first half of 2013 (never thought those words would come out my mouth). Not my best run but it taught me something. When it gets hard push through it and finish, regardless of the time you finish (well in this case it better be under 3 hr because they closed the course after that)

Sunday 13.1 miles

Way to go Nonafit.
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Today I completed my first half of 2013 (never thought those words would come out my mouth). Not my best run but it taught me something. When it gets hard push through it and finish, regardless of the time you finish (well in this case it better be under 3 hr because they closed the course after that)

Sunday 13.1 miles

Way to go Nonafit.

That's AWESOME, thinktank32K! Congratulations on getting through the half!

My own stats are not nearly so incredible:

Sunday: Big fat goose egg. Nada.
    Monday: 8.53 miles, stationary bike followed by Pilates

WTD: 8.53 miles

I did manage to complete a challenge today that my Pilates instructor gave me earlier in the month (holding a relatively tough position for 3 full minutes). While it's nothing compared to running a half, it still felt good to accomplish it!
  • lindathome
    lindathome Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    2/25/13 - 1 mile - Run
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I have 250 miles logged into my nike app! WAHOO
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ 0 miles
    Monday ~ 1.3 miles (walking)
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Sun: 8.13mi Run
    Mon: the arrival of Snow-pocalypse will be keeping me off the streets for God knows how long :grumble: , but I will probly get to cross-train with some serious snow shoveling... again. *sigh*
  • wiglet23
    Options
    I have 250 miles logged into my nike app! WAHOO

WTG, that's awesome!
  • wiglet23
    Options

Sunday 13.1 miles

Way to go Nonafit.

Nice work, TANK... every race run is better than DNS or DNF!!! Good job :smile:
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Thanks debi and wiglet. And wiglet you are right. For now on I will just go and run my best race. I must say it challenged me both physically and mentally.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Monday: 4 miles running

Total so far: 4 miles running

WTG, thinktank! You never know how you are going to feel on race day, unfortunately. Way to push through!
  • lindathome
    lindathome Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    2/25/13 - 1 mile - Run
    2/25/13 - 14 miles - Spin Class
  • natalie412
    Options
    Tuesday: 6.1 miles running

Total so far: 10.1 miles running
  • debi_f
    Options
    Tuesday: 2.8 miles running

WTD: 11.33 miles
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ 0 miles
    Monday ~ 1.3 miles (walking)
    Tuesday ~ 1.5 miles (walking)

Total ~ 2.8 miles
  • wiglet23
    Options
    Sun: 8.13mi Run
    Mon: the arrival of Snow-pocalypse will be keeping me off the streets for God knows how long :grumble: , but I will probly get to cross-train with some serious snow shoveling... again. *sigh*
    Tue: no miles... snow shoveling was all I could do...
  • thinktank32k
    Options

Sunday 13.1 miles
    monday turbo fire
    tuesday 3.39 miles elliptical and treadmill
  • debi_f
    Options
    Wednesday: 9.1 miles stationary bike followed by Pilates

WTD: 20.43 miles
  • natalie412
    Options
    Tuesday: 6.1 miles running
    Thursday: 6.4 miles running (Thats 118.1 miles for February - my previous highest month was 100.5)

Total so far: 16.5 miles running
  • debi_f
    Options

(Thats 118.1 miles for February - my previous highest month was 100.5)

That's AWESOME! Keep going!

Wednesday: 9.1 miles stationary bike followed by Pilates
    Thursday: 2.9 miles running

WTD: 23.33 miles
This discussion has been closed.