Acitvity level? Help...

Options
Imaan2012
Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with finding the correct activity level.
I find myself adjusting every couple days, lol...I for sure don't want to eat too little.

Since November I've started at MPF with 1400 and allways eat back exercise calories. I started increasing my cal slowly from there to the point that I was eating about 1700/1800 and still eating back. Was doing Insanity at that time.

At the end of Jan. I went back to lifting. From that time I've been trying to eat at TDEE.
My goal was to maintain at the moment and doing a reset.

My question is, should I do a reset of 8-12 weeks or can I do shorter and start my cut?
What would be my activity level?

Lifting 4 times a week ( 300 min a week including warm up and stretching ) and 2 times a week 30 min 30days shred for cardio.

I've chosen moderate and eat back the calories from the cardio. Is this right?

stats:

40 years female
BMR 1415
TDEE 2193
TDEE 10% cut 1974
height 1.69m
weight 67.1kg ( was 65.2 a month ago...)
( been using the Scooby cal. )

Goal is to lower bodyfat and gain lean muscle.

Hope someone can help me out, been trying on my own but feel little unsecure now.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Imaan

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    How much of that is warm up and stretching? What kind of work do you do?

I would classify you as 5-6 hours.

I don't know much about the reset process since I was never very low cal anyway.
  • Imaan2012
    Options
    How much of that is warm up and stretching? What kind of work do you do?

I would classify you as 5-6 hours.

I don't know much about the reset process since I was never very low cal anyway.

Thanks!

warm up and stretching is about 20 min.
    I am a stay at home mom that homeschool little ones, so I try to sit during the day but that's a challenge, lol... so mostly on my feet and busy.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with finding the correct activity level.
    I find myself adjusting every couple days, lol...I for sure don't want to eat too little.

Since November I've started at MPF with 1400 and allways eat back exercise calories. I started increasing my cal slowly from there to the point that I was eating about 1700/1800 and still eating back. Was doing Insanity at that time.

At the end of Jan. I went back to lifting. From that time I've been trying to eat at TDEE.
    My goal was to maintain at the moment and doing a reset.

My question is, should I do a reset of 8-12 weeks or can I do shorter and start my cut?
    What would be my activity level?

Lifting 4 times a week ( 300 min a week including warm up and stretching ) and 2 times a week 30 min 30days shred for cardio.

I've chosen moderate and eat back the calories from the cardio. Is this right?

stats:

40 years female
    BMR 1415
    TDEE 2193
    TDEE 10% cut 1974
    height 1.69m
    weight 67.1kg ( was 65.2 a month ago...)
    ( been using the Scooby cal. )

Goal is to lower bodyfat and gain lean muscle.

Hope someone can help me out, been trying on my own but feel little unsecure now.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Imaan

If you selected moderately active for your TDEE activity multiplier why would you eat back your calories? Unless you are working out more than at a moderately active level then your calories are already accounted for.
    One thing about a 10% cut I would caution you about and that is precise food logging and food measuring becomes very important. Maybe get a digital food scale? Reason- because if you are wrong on the upside of your food measuring you could very easily be eating at TDEE or above.
    Personally, I would reduce the amount of cardio and focus on lifting if your goal is to reduce BF and tone even if that takes you back to the lightly active and a recalculated TDEE. Also with less cardio you can take a larger deficit like 15% if you are lifting. If you are very close to your goal weight then you may want to stay at 10%.
  • Imaan2012
    Options
    [/quote]

If you selected moderately active for your TDEE activity multiplier why would you eat back your calories? Unless you are working out more than at a moderately active level then your calories are already accounted for.
    One thing about a 10% cut I would caution you about and that is precise food logging and food measuring becomes very important. Maybe get a digital food scale? Reason- because if you are wrong on the upside of your food measuring you could very easily be eating at TDEE or above.
    Personally, I would reduce the amount of cardio and focus on lifting if your goal is to reduce BF and tone even if that takes you back to the lightly active and a recalculated TDEE. Also with less cardio you can take a larger deficit like 15% if you are lifting. If you are very close to your goal weight then you may want to stay at 10%.
    [/quote]

================================

Thank you for explaining!

My TDEE was calculated based on 4x lifting a week. So when doing the 2 times a week JMshred, I used a HRM and eat back those cal. Afraid to eat too little. Maybe this is not the correct approach?

If I was to drop the cardio will I still be moderate with the lifting incl. warm up and stretching part? Or should I choose
    5-6 hrs? My old way of thinking would say Moderate, but the whole points is to eat more...lol...so want to be sure that I am actually doing a reset.

I do use a digital scale for my food and I am close to weightgoal.

Again, thanks for your help!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good catch. I totally missed that. Oops.