How many of you check your feet?

Options
BigG59
BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
I see lots of discussions on here about getting BG levels under control, I assume because we all want to avoid the complications associated with the disease.

So when I saw this report on the BBC website, it got me thinking, how many of us actually check our feet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21550954

This sentence concerned me particularly, "This is because ulcers can deteriorate extremely quickly and a matter of hours can make the difference between keeping a foot and losing it."

Replies

• bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    <<<Raises hand here.

Being particularly susceptible to infection, as a diabetic, I examine my feet and toes daily, checking for evidence of an infection, sores, or abnormal redness, making certain my nails are kept clipped and clean.

Additionally, my healthcare provider routinely examines my feet, as part of my 3 month diabetic check up visit.

Thanks for sharing this important message, BG.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks for highlighting this very important issue. Regular foot checks need to be undertaken by every diabetic without exception.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I moisturize my feet after my daily shower and check them out at the same time. I'm 20 years a diabetic and have never had a foot issue.
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I check mine everyday. Never have problems with them.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I currently have a problem with one of my toes that has been going on for quite sometime. When I had my annual physcial a couple of weeks ago, my doctor suggested that it might be infected. I am goin to see the podiatrist on Wednesday so hopefully I can get this sorted out because my toe really hurts!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I checked mine all the time before diagnosis. Not because of diabetes but because I paint my toenails every few weeks and put lotion on them regularly so it has just always been something I've done.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I really don't, but clearly should. I do a little more often now that I'm running, since sore feet and blisters run with the territory. I'll get better at this habit for sure.