What is your goal, when is the wedding?

Options
freya33
freya33 Posts: 149 Member
My daughter is getting married next year and I will be walking her down the aisle so I cannot escape photos ( I hate having my photo taken)
I need to be slimmer and fitter by tjhe end of the year so i can start thinking about outfits.
No idea what the wedding will be like yet.
However I need to get shifting the surplus weight so any support is welcome

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My daughter is getting married in August. I've been working on getting in shape for a trip to Cancun in May, but looking good in the family wedding photo would be a nice bonus.
  • HeatherAnnePowell
    Options
    My step-daughter is getting married in July. I have the goal to be 140 pounds before then, so almost 40 pounds left to loose. I am vindictive though, I just want to look better than my husbands ex-wife! LOL!!
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My daughter is getting married July 12, 2014! She got engaged on Aug. 7, 2012 and I started my weight loss journey on Aug. 8, 2012. I am down 58 pounds as of today. I have about 40 more to go! I want to be healthy and to buy a fun mother of the bride dress!!!
  • Dreamermoth
    Dreamermoth Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    One of my son's is getting engaged next weekend and his bride to be said the wedding will be on the 17th of Julember this year... and when I asked specifically she said it would be this year some time... so it looks like it will happen, and will happen sometime which actually gives me a good basis to lose some of these dreaded kilograms and look Totally Awesome.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My step daughter is getting married June 29. I'd like to be under 150 for it (under 140 would be ideal). So far, in the last 4 weeks, I've lost 15 of the 50-60 I'd like to lose (started at 195, hoping to be 139-149). So, so far, so good. :drinker:
  • freya33
    Options
    Hi All
    My daughter's weddding will be 2014; they have not got a date yet but late spring/ early summer if they can sort out church and venue.They have just bought a house and renovations are taking over at the moment.
    I have about 40lbs to lose but my flab does like me and I do find it difficult to lose. I lose a few pounds then plateau andf give up. This time it is NOT an option.
    You all seem to be doing so well, I hope we can all support each other and we will all look fab in our outfits
  • bitsyland
    Options
    I have 2 daughters getting married this year....one is 6-22 and the other is 8-24. While I want to lose weight for the weddings....I am more concerned about just losing weight period. I have so much weight to lose that anything will make me happy :)
  • toremiles
    toremiles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am the one getting married =) My wedding date is December 16,2013 and I have a dress that I really want to look beyond amazing in. I have about 15lbs to lose and I slacked off due to stress with this wedding planning and being deployed so I am trying to do better and start over.
  • Dreamermoth
    Options
    Well we have plenty of support for Mothers of Bride or Groom or even for the Bride. Hoping we can get behind each other to make our dreams come true. :flowerforyou:
  • Danjan04
    Danjan04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mother of the groom here, june 6th 2014, but i am also a maid of honor in novemember of 2013 and a cruise in jan 2014. SOOOO here i am looking for support!
  • freya33
    Options
    Hi
    We have got a good set of members now. The question is what are you doing to achieve your goal.
    I am now going to the gym ( I went last year cbut this year just slacked off and it shows); I will be aiming for 5 times a week
    I do classes spinning and Body Pump. I also use the cross trainer and weights.
    I have a rower at home and do 1 episode of West Wing each time.
    I aim to eat normal food but just a bit less; this is a lifetime change not a short fix so it has to be something I can keep up.
    I want to go back to jogging but it is cold ( it is only 0 not as cold as USA I do not function well in the cold)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hi
    We have got a good set of members now. The question is what are you doing to achieve your goal.
    I am now going to the gym ( I went last year cbut this year just slacked off and it shows); I will be aiming for 5 times a week
    I aim to eat normal food but just a bit less; this is a lifetime change not a short fix so it has to be something I can keep up.
    I want to go back to jogging but it is cold ( it is only 0 not as cold as USA I do not function well in the cold)

Basically, I'm just eating whole, real food. Call it primal or paleo, but it's really just eliminating all the cr@p from your diet. I don't eat processed foods and limit my carbs and sugars (50g carbs, 25g sugars) which really isn't hard to do if you aren't eating a bunch of processed foods. My daily menu doesn't change much:

Coffee: Coffee + creamer
    AM Snack: 4 slices of bacon; or 3 slices deli ham (the closest thing to processed I have) + 1/2 avocado and some grape tomatoes.
    Lunch: 4 oz protein + a veggie
    PM Snack: 1 oz cashews
    Dinner: 4 oz protein + a veggie
    PM Snack: 1 oz nuts or 2 Hail Merry Macroons (raw/vegan/gluten free - but yummy!)

The hardest part was getting off the sugar and refined carbs. But, after 3 days, all the cravings went away. Now, I truly enjoy my healthy meals. :drinker:

As for exercise - I need to re-think that. I live in Wyoming so I can't run outside (and I'm not fond of treadmills or indoor tracks). I'm thinking about starting weights (5x5 program), just haven't gotten myself motivated quite yet.
  • toremiles
    Options
    Hi

I am currrently on a 1200 calorie diet as well as drinking shakeology. I have slimmed down so I'm seeing progress. I will restart insanity on the1st. As of right now, I'm just fast pace walking, biking, and eliptical trainer as well and some abs and push ups using the perfect push up.
  • Dreamermoth
    Options
    Hi

I am eating sensibly with the occasional shake/bar either for a snack or replacement meal - mainly when working overnight shift
    I am logging on MFP each day with a cal limit of 1340. I am having difficulties with fluid retention due to heat, but that is a day to day solution. I am planning on having one 'fast day' per week where my cals will drop to between 500-700. I have plateaued around this weight for 2 years now and it is wanting to stay here.. so shocking it into submission. lol
    I have fibromyalgia and exercise is not only painful but tiring so I am uping the incidential exercise at work and home, and plan on short 5-10 min walks 3 times per week from tomorrow - during lunch break.

Does anyone wish to be added as 'a friend' for more support or encouragement. If so, please add me, as I am happy to have as much support as I can to do this.
  • JulieB_MN
    Options
    I started out by eating right. I set my goals on MFP and jumped right in on Aug. 8th of 2012. On Nov. 30th I joined LA Fitness and on Christmas I got a Fitbit from my son. As of now I am in onederland and have lost 58 pounds:) I enjoy exercising again and eating right. I log my food everyday!! I feel great! I have a bit to go and would like to lose another 30 or so by mid summer and then we are going dress shopping:) My daughter that is getting married and I go to the gym together:) Helps to keep us both going!
  • freya33
    Options
    Motherofbride That is a brilliant loss so inspiring. Unfortunately my daughter lives in London but we are going to support each other as we both try to lose the weight. I am finding booking classes is the best for me as once I have booked I have to go ( the gym classes are free as cost included in gym membership but always full so if I don't go I am stopping someone else from going). As I do home tutoring I can only get to the gym classes 3 days a week max so I must start jogging again once it gets warmer as my hands go numb in cold weather even with 2 pairs of gloves.
  • JulieB_MN
    Options
    freya33 Thank you! I see you are a retired teacher. I teach 1st graders! The mother/daughter support is fun! Good luck to both of you:) We can all help each other on this journey:)
  • freya33
    Options
    First week over and lost a bit 1.2kg. Getting back into more exercise and although a bit still feeling better. There is a long way to go but one step at a time hopefully forward.
    I am weighing myself once a week only. I always have the temptation to weight daily then get low if the weight goes up and then stop. I have been here so many times.
    For my other daughter's wedding I was working such long hours the weight was OK as I was on my feet so much. When my son was married I went to a boot camp for a week and lost 3 kg. It was good fun but did not result in a lifetime change. This time I have longer before the wedding so it is no short fix but a lifetime change for me.
    Hope everyone else is doing well
  • toremiles
    Options
    I have lost 4lbs and 3" on my waist. I am trying to get toned and go down to 115 by my final fitting in November
  • freya33
    Options
    Hi Toremiles.
    Good start. Have you chosen the dress already bet it is stunning. I hope it will be easier to lose the weight once the weather gets better and I can start jogging again, it is too cold for me as my fingers go dead even with 2 pairs of gloves. I am a bit of a fair weather outdoor exerciser but I am back to the gym.