The Hardest Day?

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
I wanted to see which day you thought was the hardest?

For me it was Day 1. I was not fit, my belly and butt bounced with each step, I didn't have control of my breath and I was going too fast even though I was trying to go as slowly as I could. And I didn't believe that I could make it through the program. I was ashamed of who I had become. Every time I finish a thirty-minute run now, I reach back to that person and say, "Good for you for starting. Nothing that I do now is as hard as what you accomplished that first day."

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yes, I felt the same. Never run in my life.

And today I will be starting Week 8!!!! And I can do it!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    the first few weeks, i was never a runner, and was a smoker,
    now i kick *kitten*.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for sure. Of course there were difficult days after that, but I just kept thinking back about what I had been able to do since day one and would not let myself give up!
  • acloern1985
    acloern1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I believe it was week 5 day 3, I had run the previous run on the pavement when I usually run on a dirt trail and my shins were killing me, and it had just snowed massively so I decided to run for the first time on a treadmill. I was bored, and uncomfortable. It sucked, but I finished. Right now I'm finishing up a two week stint on the elliptical so I could give my shins some time off. Tomorrow I'll hit the trail again for week 6 day 1.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The hardest day? Every single one of them until the next day. (At least that was what my mind was screaming at me)

The one day that actually challenged me? W5D3 when my leg started acting up again.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The first week for sure! I had convinced myself for so long that I was not a runner and could not become a runner:( Starting week 7 today and can't believe how far I have come!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I found day 3 of week 5 the most difficult but only because I became quite ill while out running and virtually collapsed when I arrived home. My husband had to be carry me to bed where I stayed for the rest of the day. It turned out I had an ear infection which really made me feel ill with dizzy spells and sickness for the remainder of that Sunday. For the rest of the following week I didn't have the confidence to go out running and I was really worried the experience might set me back. I gave myself a good talking to and thankfully I managed to complete week 6 (after repeating it) and ran day 1 of week 7 today. Otherwise each run has been amazing.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2
    I was so gung ho to start that Day 1 wasn't "that bad". Day 2 had me wondering what karmic debt I was paying off to willingly be doing this to myself.

I did not start to actually enjoy running until W6D3 when the intervals stopped and it became straight runs. I did so much better just listening to my music, getting into a running rhythm, and going.

I finished C25k in December and am 2/3 done 5k to 10k. I don't think I'll ever be a distance runner. I lose interest around 40 minutes.
    I do truly enjoy my 5k loop. Still, I'll keep uo the training to eventually do a runDisney event.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    As a mind set I think mine was day one. Im now on week 6 and have not looked back. I have tried this one before and only got up to week5. That was due to my mind telling me I couldnt....
    This time I have changed my way of thinking and I can do anything I put my mind too.

I love this program....Cant wait to finish and then start on improving my speed.....
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that you all are awesome? It seems that every one of us has had to overcome a personal challenge of some degree. Some of the stories show a commitment to running that just takes my breath away....