Yogurt?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best yogurts to eat that won't cause a huge spike in blood sugars? I have never been a fan of yogurt, but would love to start incorportating it into my diet but just not sure which kind would be best. It seems like most of them all have a pretty high sugar content. :frown:

Replies

• Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I often use Dannon's Light & Fit Greek Yogurt. The macros vary a tiny bit depending on the flavor- but most of them are only 9g of carbs per serving and 7g of sugar :) and to me, they taste WAY better then any other greek yogurt I've ever eaten. I usually buy mine @ Walmart, so I'm sure most grocery stores carry it.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I only eat Chobani and I never noticed that much issue with it. It's about 20 grams of carbs I think.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Brown Cow (most flavors are ~20 g carbs each) and it doesn't do anything crazy to me.
    I've also tried the Kroger Carb Smart yogurt (sweetened with Splenda I think) and I thought it was very sweet and kind of chemically tasting...but only 4 grams of carbs!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek is a no insulin taking type. I can eat one and still be in the 100 range......
  • maegan0205
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I actually tried the Dannon Light & Fit, and did very well. I am going to try the Yoplait Greek as well, as it seems a little more appetizing to me and seems to have more options, at my grocery anyway.
  • 111dani
    Options
    I always eat PLAIN greek yogurt, then add in some vanilla protein powder! (the powder I have is sweetened with stevia and has 1 carb per scoop and all organic with no fillers and junk) The greek yogurt has no added sugars/flavouring/crap like most yogurts! plus all that protein keeps you full!
  • SeraFee
    SeraFee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I really like the Yoplait greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom and granola. Its 39 carbs but I don't really have a problem with it.
    Cereal is what always spikes my blood. :-/
  • bbf2u
    bbf2u Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use greek yogurt too, name brand and off brand. I just compare nutritional info. I use it on my cereal insted of milk.