Introduction

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm taking the plunge into EM2WL and thought I'd say hi.

Lifelong dieter. Avoider of exerciser because it makes the scale not move (seriously). I've been eating paleo since November and exercising 6-7 days a week for 6 weeks (30DS, and now RI30). I LIKE exercising and don't want to stop, but the scale refuses to budge despite a loss of about a clothing size and a half. I've read up on EM2WL in the past and decided against it because it's kind of SCARY, honestly. But now I'm not losing weight anyway and my goal really sincerely is to be HEALTHY and STRONG.

So starting today, I'm eating my TDEE - 15%, which is about 2167 calories. Ok, it might be tomorrow since I wasn't so much planning on it today, haha!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

Replies

• berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Glad you took the plunge!
    Others have much more advice, but my $0.02 worth, stick with it.
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Try and stay off the scales for a while. And if you can't, just laugh at the number because you know you are getting stronger and fitter. :laugh:
  • tblackwell1234
    tblackwell1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this plan today too as I am one of those that was practically starving herself to death on 1200 calories a day while doing TurboFire. I haven't lost an inch, and I'm in week 6! Jeez. I am a little slower than others. lol

Anyways, welcome! I'm in the same boat. Hugs
    Toni
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this plan today too as I am one of those that was practically starving herself to death on 1200 calories a day while doing TurboFire. I haven't lost an inch, and I'm in week 6! Jeez. I am a little slower than others. lol

Anyways, welcome! I'm in the same boat. Hugs
    Toni

Kudos to you for staying with it for 6 weeks despite not losing anything!! I have TurboFire sitting in my basement, do you like it?
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm taking the plunge into EM2WL and thought I'd say hi.

Lifelong dieter. Avoider of exerciser because it makes the scale not move (seriously). I've been eating paleo since November and exercising 6-7 days a week for 6 weeks (30DS, and now RI30). I LIKE exercising and don't want to stop, but the scale refuses to budge despite a loss of about a clothing size and a half. I've read up on EM2WL in the past and decided against it because it's kind of SCARY, honestly. But now I'm not losing weight anyway and my goal really sincerely is to be HEALTHY and STRONG.

So starting today, I'm eating my TDEE - 15%, which is about 2167 calories. Ok, it might be tomorrow since I wasn't so much planning on it today, haha!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

Welcome.

When you say you have been a dieter for a long time how many calories were you eating per day and for how long? Depending upon your answer you will more than likely require a complete reset by eating at TDEE for 8-12 weeks. Just what you wanted to hear, right?
    I am not familiar with the exercises you named, but I am guessing they are cardio type exercises. 6-7 days of cardio will burn calories, but it will be both fat AND muscle if you in fact lose anything.
    I would suggest you drop your cardio to 2-3 days a week and begin lifting weights 3 days a week and increase your calories until you reach your calculated TDEE maintenance level. Eat there depending upon your previous deficit eating for up to 12 weeks. Then and only then should you begin another deficit eating session. You have probably wrecked your metabolism so you need to reboot it just like a computer. Until your body feels safe in giving up any more fat it has to be convienced you are not going to starve it anymore. Unitl then you will find it difficult to shed any weight as your body will cling to every morsel of fat it can to survive.
    Why weight train? You want to preserve your Lean Body Mass (muscle) while losing the fat. Otherwise you will become "skinny fat" if you lose weight because of the muscle loss. Lifting heavy will tone your body and strengthen your bone density as you lose fat. And since LBM takes up less space than fat you will look thinner and more toned at the same weight.
    This is a process and not a get skinny quick scheme. If you reset correctly and correct your metabolism you will not have to return and do a full 8-12 week reset.
    Now, once you have been fully reset and begin your 15% deficit you should stay at that deficit level for 4-6 weeks THEN go back and eat at full TDEE maintenance again for a full week. Again, the purpose is to reboot your metabolism at the proper TDEE level so you can continue to lose.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    When you say you have been a dieter for a long time how many calories were you eating per day and for how long? Depending upon your answer you will more than likely require a complete reset by eating at TDEE for 8-12 weeks. Just what you wanted to hear, right?

Oh Lord. Classic strict diet and "cheat" day binge scenario. 1200 calories a day 6 days a week and umpteen jillion one day a week. For how long? Off and on since August 2011, this time. Even more off and on my entire life, excepting pregnancy.
    I am not familiar with the exercises you named, but I am guessing they are cardio type exercises.

No, technically they're circuit training - 3 mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio, 1 min of abs, repeated 3 times. For the purposes here, I don't know if that counts as weight training or not!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!! :smile: