What's the most difficult part of level 1 for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    For me it's those damn side lean things, the ones where you have to lift your arms up to eye level with your hand weights! Yesterday (day 3) was the first time I made it through w/o needing to stop for a break!!! I am using 5lb weights... Now I'm thinking I should have gotten the 3lb ones!

Same! I hate those. I wanted to flip off the TV after those bad boys. LOL I'm using 4lb weights, thinking maybe 2 would have sufficed!
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    For me one one the worst parts is the last set of strength training. When I finsh the move with the weights on the floor and then get up to do the side lunges I feel light headed every time :(
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For me, it's the whole first circuit...for some reason that kills me and the rest is pretty easy! (I do hate the side lunges, though)
  • toadzwife
    Options
    I have only made it through day2 of level 1 but the only thing that hurts are the lunge squat things. I can do the push ups (granny ones) no problem, the punch squats, the side lunges, it is just those dang front squat lunges that kill me. like muscle failure burning in my thighs for two days kill me!

I will get there tho. I took last night off and will do level 1 day 3 tonight (hopefully) or tmw morning.
  • mumofsix
    mumofsix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lunges! I swear there is something going on with my thighs.Between those and squats my front thighs burn
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I despise the side lunges!!!! And I can't stand the jump rope! And I'm on the modified push ups!
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Juping jacks/jump rope circuit kills me!! Going to be attempting day3 today. Really hope that i can build up enough stamina to complete that circuit without stopping.

Anyone have any suggestions with how to ease the tension i feel in my knees? I really hope i am using proper form...

So sore!!!
    Push-ups, can only do the two sets of 17 on my knees but after L1Day6 I can tell my stamina is improving. Side lunges are tough but I switch down from 10lb weights to 5 lb weights for those.

I noticed one of my arches hurts after workout, probably from jacks or jump rope. 30ds can also be rough on the knees if you're not careful.
  • Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The punches, the side lunges and the push ups are the worst for me. Other than that I'm completely fine with level 1! My thighs burnnn with the punches.
  • phyllistheresa
    phyllistheresa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pushups. I can only manage about 2 or 3 regular then have to drop to my knees to finish the set.
  • KrnV_23
    KrnV_23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started Level 1 2 days ago. I am terrible at pushups - can never get all the way down, even on my knees, so that one is the worst for me.

The side lunges are really hard, esp the arm portion (the lunges themselves aren't *that* bad). That was the portion my husband saw me doing and went "wow, this really is hard, isn't it?" I think he was thinking I had picked up some fluff DVD. Now he's totally impressed that I'm doing this. :)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with doing the man push-up. I started off trying to do the non-modified push-up and I can maybe get 2 in! I have to bend my knees to do all the rest. Hoping that I can get strong enough to do the REAL push-up real soon! Today is my 4 day of 30DS and I am starting to find it easier. I am learning how to pace myself at a good pace so I can get the most out of the workout. I do know that my legs burn to their max doing 30DS!!

I really LOVE the side to side lunge squats! what ever you call them... I look forward to doing them. I dislike the floor work. I hate getting up and down over and over! Hope that gets better as the program unfolds. Wish you all the best on your journey for living a healthy lifestyle!! :flowerforyou:

Looking for friends! I am on daily! ~Angela
  • kariplease
    Options
    The jump rope burns my calves so bad that I can't get through that circuit.. so I've been modifying jump rope with butt kicks now. Also side lunges with bicep girl hurts my arms.. after the chest flies.
  • luckbucks
    luckbucks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've only just started today and oh my gosh those side lunges... I hate her so much for them! Here's hoping they get a little easier!