Turkey Sweet potato Chili Recipe...easy & yummy!

Options
jennaworksout
jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
Some friends were asking for this recipe, so I thought I would post it :) serves 6

1 pound ground turkey
1 green peppper chopped
1 red onion chopped
2- cans of organic diced tomatoes with juice ( they were the small cans, you could probably use 1 large can)
1/2 cup water
2 medium sweet potatos diced
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1tbsp cocoa powder
3 cloves garlic
salt & pepper to taste

brown turkey, add onions, green pepper, potatoes and garlic, sautee until potatoes are tender....
add this with everything else to a large pot and simmer ......add more seasoning if desired !! so yummy and sooo easy!!!

Made it yesterday and my BF ate all the leftovers!!!!

Replies

• epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!!
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sounds really simple and easy! Definitely gonna try this for my boyfriend this week where I need at least 3 days worth of food for late night work/school stuff.

How big are the servings? Like a cup or so on average or more?
  • jennaworksout
    Options
    Sounds really simple and easy! Definitely gonna try this for my boyfriend this week where I need at least 3 days worth of food for late night work/school stuff.

How big are the servings? Like a cup or so on average or more?

I found about 1.5 - 2 cups, it makes a good amount :)
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to make this!! Thanks!
  • kannd86
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So I made this last night with beef instead of turkey, because that's what I had on hand, and it was fantastic! Hubs complained about the lack of beans, but I thought it was a really nice change. I can't wait to have leftovers for lunch!!
  • jennaworksout
    Options
    So I made this last night with beef instead of turkey, because that's what I had on hand, and it was fantastic! Hubs complained about the lack of beans, but I thought it was a really nice change. I can't wait to have leftovers for lunch!!

glad you liked it!! I didn't get any leftovers as my BF ate it all lol...you could probably make half a batch with beans for your hubby, but I find the sweet potato is just as filling :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I might add a tablespoon of tumeric, just because it's good for you. Other than that I love it.

I made a really good stew the other night somewhat randomly. Chopped up two onions, four big carrots and added them to a crockpot with three cups of black lentils and four chopped up sausage. Two were hot Italian, two were smoked Hungarian sausages (similar to keilbasa.) I added in two cups of stock and some water and let it go overnight

The smoked sausages are the key. The smoke really ties everything else together.
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just made this tonight and it came out SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing this :)
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    This sounds delicious!!! Thank you!
  • sasu27
    sasu27 Posts: 51
    Options
    Bump
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing..
  • latysha24
    latysha24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes thanks for this recipe! I have everything so I will make this tomorrow night for dinner and leftovers. Yummy :)
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    sounds lovely! will try it soon
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Bumpin for later! As for the lack of beans, one time I substituted roughly chopped mushrooms for the beans and it came out really good. The whole family liked it.