Mac and Cheese?!?

Options
irisia99
irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
Has anyone tried it? Is it good? I'm restarting Medifast next week and ordered two boxes.

Replies

• nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    It's not bad. I usually put a tbsp or two of parmesean cheese in there to bring up the flavor a bit.
  • tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It is okay but definitely needs some help. I just made a bowl and I add a wedge of the lite Laughing Cow Cheese and I added salsa to it and it is much better. I live in South Texas so I bought Julios Salsa which I absolutely love and it made a big difference. One serving of the salsa only has 5 calories and 1 gram of carbs and a little soldium but that is it. It is really not good just by itself.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was at work when I tried it - just yesterday, and also found it to be just a little short on flavor, but with a pretty good base flavor. I added some black pepper since that's all we have at the office. Next time I'll make it at home and try a few other seasonings - salsa does sound good. I'll probably try onion and garlic powder too. The laughing cow cheese sounds lovely! I must say though, that I relished being able to have it at all.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I add some of my greens in it.....a handful of shredded cabbage (coleslaw style). Very nummy that way, with garlic powder of course as well.
  • tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have had mine with chicken in it too but I bet it is good with some broccoli too. For me, the salsa is my favorite.
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed with it, especially considering how overly complex the microwave instructions are. Put in microwave, stir, sit, microwave, stir, sit, etc... really?? Tastes too much like Easy Mac, right down to that weird plasticy texture. I'll stick with parmesan cheese puffs for my savory snack.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had some yesterday with the onion, garlic and some laughing cow sun-dried tomato and basil lite cheese. It was better, but still seems to be lacking something. Maybe I'll try some of the other ideas listed here next time.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I liked it. It smells like buttered popcorn coming out of the microwave.

I havent found myself needed to doctor it up at all.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed with it, especially considering how overly complex the microwave instructions are. Put in microwave, stir, sit, microwave, stir, sit, etc... really?? Tastes too much like Easy Mac, right down to that weird plasticy texture. I'll stick with parmesan cheese puffs for my savory snack.

I didnt find it too bad. The instructions were pretty similar to a lot of the non-creamy soups.
  • irisia99
    irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think I love the mac and cheese. Yea, it tastes like Easy Mac. You know what I love? Easy Mac. I don't need to doctor it up at all. But if I want to, I add red pepper flakes or garlic powder.
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So I just had the mac&cheese for the first time today. I had some left over ground turkey mixed with taco seasoning from last nights taco salad. I added 2 ounces of the turkey taco meat and 1 tsp of Chipotle Tabasco sauce. It was soooooo good! It tasted just like hamburger helper! I made the macaroni and cheese exactly as stated on the package, but used just a tad less than 4 ounces of water. After I let it sit for about 5 minutes, I stirred the turkey and Tabasco into the mac&cheese. I think this is my new go to lunch!
  • chellynn1983
    Options
    My coach said to try some broccoli in it, have not tried it yet
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like it. I add chili powder, salsas,or laughing cow to it. Just watch it n the microwave that it does not boil over in the microwave.