Week of February 23rd Challenge!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to another weekly challenge!! We are continuing with a new challenge so everyone should be able to get on board.

We have a leader board!!!
Alana :flowerforyou:
Ladyshadows :flowerforyou:
Karmahealer :flowerforyou:
Roundtherink

Completed last week with flying colors! Good job! Several of you also earned the flower for trying something new-- kudos!

Don't forget to report your progress to be included in the leader board either on this board or private message me.

Let's get things moving!

This week's goal:

200 minutes of cardio or 10miles on a treadmill, elliptical, crosstrainer, or walking/running with a pedometer.
5 days in the green (staying under in calories)
8 cups of water 5 days
2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days
For a bonus flower ** Try an exercise you've never done before or haven't done recently for one of your workouts. For example if you are a walker try a stationary bike or a Zumba class. If you love Zumba try a kickboxing or elliptical. Anything you'd like!

If you are new jump right in! We report our results on this strain every Sunday night to be included on the leader board for the following week.

Welcome to the newbies take a minute to introduce yourself to each other.

My name is Melissa and I look forward to meeting you all! We can do this!! :smile:

Good Luck Everyone!

Replies

• karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    already thinking about what my new exercise for the week will be :love:
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I tried Yoga today, but that was not so great for me----anything that has me kneeling is so painful yet. but some of it was very relaxing!

I will try some youtube videos by Tiffany Rothe---looks like dancing type cardio----which I love.
  • lissa0040
    Options
    I think I am going to dust off a pilates Dvd I bought and never opened!
  • karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    200 minutes of cardio ,,,,,check
    5 days in the green (staying under in calories)......check
    8 cups of water 5 days.....check
    2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days.,.....check

For a bonus flower ** Try an exercise you've never done before or haven't done recently for one of your workouts. For example if you are a walker try a stationary bike or a Zumba class. If you love Zumba try a kickboxing or elliptical. Anything you'd like!

Bonus: tried a walking fitness video on youtube that I heard people on here talking about!!
    Had a crazy busy weekend, but have to say this challenge is the one thing that got me to workout out today!! I was 55 minutes short and I wanted to complete it :love: Good luck everyone
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good week!!!. feel like i barely squeaked by this week, but ended up with this dang bronchitis crud going around...again...on the mend so ready to hit it hard again! overall...still a positve week! See you all next week i hope!

200 minutes of cardio -YEP!
    5 days in the green (staying under in calories) - YEP!
    8 cups of water 5 days - YEP!
    2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days - barely..but YEP!

****Tried a short kickboxing routine..loved it! got it worked in twice this week. something i for sure would like to keep doing.
  • LadyShadows
    LadyShadows Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cardio -yes
    5 days in green -yes
    8 cups of water in 5 -yes
    Did the veggie servings but only made fruit I think 3
    I tried a new aerobics Dvd didn't like it as much as the walking ones though.
  • roundtherink
    Options
    200 minutes of cardio - Check! ( I did 526!!)
    5 days in the green (staying under in calories) Check!
    8 cups of water 5 days- No, only 2 days. I usually average 6-7 glasses per day.
    2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days- Check!

Yes! I tried a circuit training video (on one of my free cable on demand stations) and I loved it. I even went to Target and got the weighted ball to use after the first time. Its a tough work-out, and so far I can only make it about 10 minutes (its a 28 minute class) but my goal is to be able to complete the whole thing.
  • HoneyPie99
    Options
    Hi all

I have joined a class at Y. I've went 2 classes so far and really like it..we start out spinning then we will do different things like walk/run track, go up and down stairs, circuit training ,ect. Its a challenge but fun.
  • lissa0040
    Options
    200 minutes of Cardio -- not quite!
    5 days in the green -- Check!
    8 glasses of water 5 days -- Check!
    2 servings of fruits and veggies -- double check!
    Try something new? Check tried a pilates dvd um... I don't bend that way yet but gave it a shot any ways.