New here and need some Dukan buddies!

Options
Hey all!

So I just started the Dukan diet on Feb 5th - according to the Dukan site I did the attack phase for 2 days, and now I am on the cruise phase for the next 70 some odd days. I have lost 7lbs and have another 23lbs to go.

I've done low carb in the past, so the Dukan is relatively easy for me.. but much more strict than an atkins type of diet. I miss cheese and almonds :(

Anyways! I just wanted to introduce myself to the group since I just joined. Looking for some buddies! Maybe for some support, recipes, snack ideas, etc... which reminds me... how do you all set up your food diary on here for the dukan? Is it always set to count calories or is there a way to adjust it manually? I saw the option to change your dietary goals but there were so many percentages I was afraid to mess with it.

Thanks in advance, and hope to hear from some of you!

-Robyn

Replies

• Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Welcome Robyn!

Always good to see new members here! Sorry I can't answer your question about setting up the food diary specifically for Dukan. I just started logging food again just to see where my calories are coming in and also carbs.

You've done well so far....keep up the great work!

Lori
  • poliro22
    Options
    Thanks Lori!!

I've been keeping a meal log at home... trying to keep track incase I have to go back to see what works best, or what isnt working for me. Maybe I'll just stick with that.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't worry, you get almonds and cheese back during consolidation and stabilization - you will have them again soon!
  • mishtoit
    mishtoit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

So nice to see a support group board here for Dukan. I am back on and this is my 2nd day of the Attack phase. I've done this before and lost 13kg, so was doing very well but unfortunetly got depressed and piled the weight back on, so I am ready to gun it this year. My best friend is doing this too so it helps to have a buddy then we can chat about it.
    Just wanted to say hi and keep in touch,
    Mish :)
  • LoganAndHaydensGramMa
    Options
    Hi y'all!! Well; started my family back on the "attack phase" yesterday. In addition to Dukan, I will be trying Plexus, & monitoring everything with this app. We've had so much going on the last few months we haven't been focused on weight. Taking everything 1 second at a time. Hopefully; "prayerfully" we are coming out of the storm. So ready for some sunny days( : It's been tough. Anyway; hope everyone is doing well and trying to keep that motivation up!! Good luck and have a great day. Tina:smile:
  • aqsmith
    Options
    New to the diet as well. Did that "attack phase" did well until the weekend. Moved on to the next phase and seems to be going well...hard to find things that are quick and on the go.
  • LoganAndHaydensGramMa
    Options
    New to the diet as well. Did that "attack phase" did well until the weekend. Moved on to the next phase and seems to be going well...hard to find things that are quick and on the go.
    Hey!! Once you start making the "sandwiches" they're pretty quick. You can make the pancakes(love them for buns) up and keep in frig. 'til ready to use and fill them with hamburger patty, lean ham, turkey etc. I love on my p/v day a good hamburger with vegies on it & fat free American Cheese. The muffins are great to have on hand too!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • sophiee00
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too.
    I started the Dukan diet a month ago but I only discovered this website last week so my progress doesn't show.
    (And I am still working out how this website works)

I miss eating fruits, I know they will be reintroduced in the next phase but it is not soon enough. I also need some "Dukan buddies".
  • zetaxxx
    zetaxxx Posts: 1
    Options
    hi everyone. i am also new here and starting the dukan diet tomorrow. i am thinking about swimming around 30-40 minutes in the first week and then i will start doing the treadmill before swimming. do you think it is a good idea?
  • mcljess
    mcljess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey I've been around a while but just started Dukan. I'm a week into the cruise phase. Feel free to add me :)
  • pollyw1986
    Options
    HI I'm new too! :) Everyone sounds like they are doing so great!! Keep it up! I am finishing the first week of attack and cheated once but have been finding it OK! But I am worried about the fat content in stuff like mackerel and salmon etc... does it matter or no? and should count your calories? I am keeping a score on this site but going over my 1200 by about 150 a day :(:( xxx
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking about buying the book and I was wondering if anyone gained any weight during the first phase. I have a wedding on Saturday and I'm worried about not fitting in my dress. Thank you!