Plan Friendly Recipes

Options
GmaQueenBee
GmaQueenBee Posts: 139 Member
I haven't made any Plan friendly recipes yet but a few of our group members have some wonderful ideas. Let's make this the place to post them.

Replies

• kayceeme
    kayceeme Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Terrific idea, Jocymc! We do have some great cooks in our midst. Thanks!
  • GmaQueenBee
    Options
    When my daughter saw that chicken was on the menu for tonight, again, she asked if I would make "Baked Chicken" . I told her I had been baking the chicken. She said it wasn't the baked chicken like I used to make. She wanted it dipped in egg and bread crumbs with spicy seasonings added before it was put in the oven. Since I haven't tested eggs yet and just tested super reactive to bread I wasn't about to go that route. Wanting to keep my not spoiled but very overindulged child (age 21) happy I came up with this.

I took some Wasa Rye Crackers and blended them into crumbs. I then added some Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte Seasoning and mixed it all together. I washed the chicken thighs, rolled them in the crumbs and put them on a pan with aluminum foil on it. I sprayed the top of the chicken with PAM and cooked it for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Turned out great! My daughter didn't realize it was rye cracker crumbs and not wheat.
  • wjleffi
    wjleffi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This isn't a recipe, but I wanted to share that I have ate at Ruby Tuesday's twice and had weight loss both times. They have a tilapia, chicken and steak with calories listed and you can choose 2 of a vegie of sauteed zuchinni or spaghetti squash or salad bar. It makes it really easy to stay in the guidelines! I had the tilapia - figured they couldn't salt that too much :)
  • GmaQueenBee
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm supposed to go to a restaurant next week and have been worried about where to go and what to have. Hey Kayceemee maybe we need another thread for restaurants and dishes that are plan friendly.