Memorial Day Low Carber Weight Loss Challenge -Week 1

Options

Replies

• msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    info above- stats- do you need more info? Can you add me to this challenge? :) I have a lot to share too- especially with fitness, I am a fitness instructor- personal motivator :)

oops- never mind- I see I am on the list at top- woo hoo!!!
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    164.4 as of this morning. Add me to the challenge, if you don't mind! would love to be at my goal of 145 by the end!
  • bethierose
    bethierose Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would love to be involved in this challenge! Love it!

My starting weight as of this morning is 349.3 (another decade gone! hallelujah!!) and my goal by Memorial Day is to be at 310 or less.. I would really love to see a total of 20% gone which would put me at 301.6.. ohhhh yeah! Since I switched from South Beach to the primal lifestyle, the fat has been literally melting away.. was seeing a 1.7 lb a week loss on South Beach and 6.3 lbs in one week going primal! Life-changing for sure! If I continue to lose at that rate, I would lose 81.9 lbs by Memorial Day! haha I am not thinking this pace will continue of course, so that's why I chose a lower goal of a little over 3 lbs a week.. my birthday, anniversary and hubby's birthday all fall in this challenge time! ;)

I love the mini-challenge this week as well. It's so important to start the forgiveness process with yourself first.. such a good place to start!
  • geniepooh
    Options
    Hello I need to join t his challenge! I love challenges!
    My current weight is 229.4 (gained 10 lbs back)
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Welcome HappySugarFree, smithntuck, BethieRose, GeniePooh!!!

@bethierose - so true about the importance of forgiveness. The self-loathing only leads to more out of control eating.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    started 275
    today 274
  • kpierce169
    kpierce169 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Starting wt is 166.4, hope to be 145 by end of challenge!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Good Morning!

I had already started off with the negative thoughts about exercising. But I made a conscious effort to make a mental U-Turn. I made myself put on my exercise gear so that when I get back from taking the boys to school I will be dressed and ready.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I had already started off with the negative thoughts about exercising. But I made a conscious effort to make a mental U-Turn. I made myself put on my exercise gear so that when I get back from taking the boys to school I will be dressed and ready.

Me too girl! I so did not want to get up this morning. It is cold and rainy here and I just wanted to curl up and roll over BUT I rolled my butt out of bed instead and I feel much better! Woot woot great start to a dreary day!!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I am recovering. I took a Body Pump class followed by Aqua Zumba class (which I taught ). Today I am hosting /teaching a 2 hrs Zumba party! Party Hearty for heart health---Heart disease #1 killer of women in U.S.
  • Sasmin40
    Options
    Need to put my mesurements in. I only use the 3 I fill in on MFP
    Neck: 14,2 inch
    Waist: 44,9 inch
    Hips: 49,6 inch
    Maybe some weird numbers, but I calculated them from centimeters to inches.
    Good to see, that I lost a few centimeters/ inches since I started in december!
  • msandwich
    Options
    I'll join! Heck yeah. Tomorrow started at 308.4. Today is 306.7
  • Bakkasan
    Options
    started 275
    today 273.4
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Welcome msandwich!

I am heading into my mid-afternoon slump. I could just sleep! I can't wait for Spring...I need to warm weather to perk up. New England weather is not for everyone (me included). The blizzard brought 3 feet of snow, it's been 3 weeks and I still have 1 1/2 feet in my yard. Those who just got hit twice...I bow to you!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am SO not wanting to do my cardio today (well, tonight). But I am going to push through, and as soon as my hubs leaves for work, the Wii is going on! I will get back into the habit of working out!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    @msandwich - I saw your ticker and had not heard of DDP Yoga so I decided to Google it. First of all. I was so surprised to see DIamond Dallas Page - I was a fan of his from back in the days of WWF. 15 minutes after reviewing the site I ordered it. and joined the teamddpyoga.com forum. It's quite possible that in a few weeks I shall either be singing your praises or cursing you :laugh:

I did not take measurements yet but I did take a photo. For Father's Day I am taking my husband to a Red Sox/Rangers Game. I picked up a ladies Red Sox T...2 sizes too small - with my goal to get into that shirt by Father's Day. I put it on yesterday (looked like a sausage) and took photos.
  • kpierce169
    kpierce169 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yikes-here goes measurements....
    forearm 9.5in
    bicep 12.5in
    chest 36.5in
    waist 34.5in
    hip 43in
    thigh 21.5in
    calf 15in
  • Bakkasan
    Options
    started 275
    today 272.8
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Yikes-here goes measurements....
    forearm 9.5in
    bicep 12.5in
    chest 36.5in
    waist 34.5in
    hip 43in
    thigh 21.5in
    calf 15in

Girl don't be yikes-ing! You've lost 37 pounds. DId you take your measurements before you lost the 37? If you did (and everyone else that has), post side-by-bide your pre-wightloss measurements and current. For 2 reasons....to reinforce that what you are doing is giving you resultss and to give those that are new to weightloss/LC inspiration. It may be slow, but it is progress!!!

Here are my measurements:
    Pre- 24 Pound Weightloss vs Current for the Challenge
    Chest: 48.5/44.5
    Waist: 42.5/40
    Hips: 46/43
    FOrearm 11/10.75
    Bicep: 14.25/12.5
    Thigh: 28/26
    Calf:18.5/17.75
  • Bakkasan
    Options