Pregnancy after Weight Loss

Options
mommycline
mommycline Posts: 106 Member
Who is doing it? Literally and Figuratively ;) I was told that if my weight was stable after a year and I was at goal and blood work looked good I could go for it.

Replies

• 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was told to wait 18 months, but just like the post-op plans, all doctors have different restrictions. I am only 2 1/2 months out so I will not be ready for quite some time. I say double check with your doctor, and then have fun! :blushing:
  • rachellouise_2003
    Options
    I was told to wait atleast 18 months after WLS... preferably 24 months. I guess that is just so you get through your honeymoon phase and your body can support the baby. I have heard of a few people that had trouble before WLS getting pegnant, but got pregnant easily after WLS. I am hoping that will be the case for me also =)
  • Wellypeep
    Options
    I want to! I am getting my Mirena coil removed in about 3 weeks and then going for it! I had the sleeve and my surgeon recommends 12 months but given my circumstances (I'm 39) he has advised me to go for it after 6 months. I have PCOS and am hoping that my fertility might have improved :)
  • gaiagal3
    gaiagal3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have to wait 10 months and then we are going for it...I'm hoping my weight loss will help things out!
  • kileybug34
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I just had my lap band on 2/28, so it will be a awhile for me, but would love to start trying by 2/2014. My dr advises 18 months on RNY, not sure about the lap band, will definitely be asking.
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I got/am pregnant only 1 month after surgery. Had/have PCOS along with prediabetes and all that. Not saying that is the way to go or that it was a good idea, but what I'm saying is I'm 31 weeks along with a normal baby, perfectly on with development and weight, and absolutely 0 complications. I lost 50lbs so far and my weight has steadied and remained the same since November. I haven't gained a pound during this pregnancy, but if you look at my profile pic, I obviously have a cute baby bump! So in other words, I believe you will have a normal healthy pregnancy whenever you're ready. Good luck! It's truly amazing so far.

Also, sorry, I had the RNY July 2012. I still have roughly 40-ish lbs to lose after baby, to get to a goal weight of 120-130lbs. I'm 5'4" and currently 172lbs.