Welcome!

Options
i recently bought the DDP yoga set after my brother and his wife had some success with it. I like the activities and feel great after completing a workout. I'm really hoping that a combination of MFP and DDP is the way for me to lose the weight for good!

I created this group for people to share their experiences and successes. Come and join me.

Replies

• songdogshooter41
    songdogshooter41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have it as well, I have done some of the poses, although not with the video.
    I am planning on starting working out with the videos starting today! I have a new job so I have the time to take my life over!
    I really like my fitness pal, and the DDP yoga is amazing, so now i can have my cake and eat it too!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Aww not many people in the group!

Well I've had the DVDs for a while now, but just getting into it.

I am not doing them in any sort of order, just picking whichever one sounds fun for that day (or the length of time I have available).

So far my favourite workout is Fat Burner, but I haven't tried them all.

Looking forward to building up to Double Black Diamond :)
  • songdogshooter41
    Options
    I have to have a "solid" start date.... I am shooting for December 1st. Like with quiting bad habits, I think that having a date to remember time frame is important for me to keeping me motivated.
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Yeah, start dates work well for some people (not so much for me!!)

I hope you do start with it on the 1st, it's enjoyable
  • songdogshooter41
    Options
    I have watched the videos and have used some of the streaches for when my back hurt at my old job. It really helps! I went from having cronic back pain all the time to being virtually pain free unless I did something stupid. I just need to put all the streaches into action once my heart rate gets up there.
  • Amanda372
    Amanda372 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello - I bought the DVD's today - I just have to wait for them to be delivered. I'm looking forward to doing these - I really want to improve my flexibility and after seeing the 'Arthur youtube film' and checking out the DPP and DPPyoga website I decided that this was the yoga for me!
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Hello Amanda!

Great job ordering the DVDs - you should see a difference in your flexibility really quickly with DDP Yoga, it's a lovely stretching workout.

Good luck when your DVDs arrive and welcome to the group

Steph
  • Amanda372
    Amanda372 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The dvd's shipped Friday! Hopefully they won't get caught up in customs and that I get them at least by next weekend.
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just did Double Black Diamond today. I was surprised by how intense that was. Be prepared for lots of slow burn pushups!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    Haven't got to Double Black Diamond yet. But I am excited to! I think I am on week 6 of beginner. Never did any sort of yoga before DDP Yoga.... love it!
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    I've done DBD once and quite frankly I don't think I was ready for it!!

So I've bumped back down to my favourite, Strength Builder, until I'm feeling stronger :)

At the moment I'm combining DDP with some strength routines, so hopefully my arms (in particular my triceps) will be able to handle DBD in a couple of months!
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I still suck at the pushups. Right about where he says 'EXPLODE' I sort of 'oof and collaspe' . I've done DBD twice now and haven't touched Strength yet. I think I'll follow suit!
  • msandwich
    Options
    Did Fat Burner today. Today was day 2 of my P90X-DDP Yoga Hybrid. It was a great workout to help work through the soreness from yesterday but still get a good sweat in.
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    My two "go-to" workouts are strength builder and fat burner. I love them both equally :)
  • msandwich
    Options
    My two "go-to" workouts are strength builder and fat burner. I love them both equally :)

Agreed!
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Plan to take my 6 beginning photos tonight and start the workout on Monday, April 1st.

A bit wary about some of diet aspects, but others aren't so bad. I love cheese and other gluten-laden products, although I do try to buy whole-grain stuff. Those will be hard to give up completely.
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    @Rohbean: Excellent!! And welcome!

Not everyone in this group is following the phase 3 meal plans (I am neither fully gluten free nor dairy free, although I am slowly transitioning away from them).

I think the most important thing is to at least stick to phase 1 - so chuck out the junk and eat as clean as you can.

Personally I don't like to start eating in a way that I couldn't for the rest of my life, hence my very gradual transition!!

Good luck for Monday!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Plan to take my 6 beginning photos tonight and start the workout on Monday, April 1st.

A bit wary about some of diet aspects, but others aren't so bad. I love cheese and other gluten-laden products, although I do try to buy whole-grain stuff. Those will be hard to give up completely.

You are gonna do great! Just do your best... and success will follow.