Virtual Walk

Options
azmiz
azmiz Posts: 128 Member
Just found a new group on MFP called Virtual Disney Walk/Ride Group. The members are going to "walk/run/bike" to one of the Disney Parks and report their progress to the group. Thought I share with our group incase you would like an additional fun and motivational way to monitor your progress. The challenge starts on March 1st. I just joined the group and plan to walk to Disneyland and back for a total of 1048 miles.

Replies

• beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh, that sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That is a cute idea - but I live less than 6 miles from Disneyland - so I guess I would have to go to Orlando.

Sometimes at work we do a virtual walk from the southern most campus (I work for a university) to the northern most campus. When we hit landmarks (one of the 23 campuses) we would get a little history of the campus.
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What if we all picked somewhere to virtually walk to a set a goal for how long it will take to walk there and report. This may also be easier to do in the summer because I must admit I don't really walk much in the winter.
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My health insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield does something similar every year. Here is the link in case anyone wants to look & possibly get some ideas for something our group can do.

https://secure.blueandyoufitnesschallenge-ark.com/index.aspx
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome....can I walk/run/elliptical to Disney? :)
  • disneymomamy
    Options
  • disneymomamy
    Options
    yes! That is what I am going to do. I am on the other group as well and have 1100 mile to Disney world.
  • brilliantzenith
    brilliantzenith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there are any book nerds like me, but there is a Virtual Walk to Destroy the Ring from Lord of the Rings.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/23/walking/
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1578.45 miles one way lol :)I would be walking for quite some time but its a great idea!
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The only place I want to go is home, so I googled the distance and figured out I will be physically there before I could walk/run/cycle the distance (7660 miles). This is a great idea though, so maybe when I get home I'll challenge myself to run somewhere, just to keep my motivation up.