OK so off topic but....bacon? Who has the cheapest?

Options
dididede
dididede Posts: 61 Member
Yip as the title says, I am looking for the cheapest price for a pack of bacon, ideally 300g. Must be unsmoked and ideally thick cut. So far in the lead from my quick research is Asda at £2, however I realise on here there are lots of peeps who have other shops in their location and am just wondering if this is really a good deal or not. Aldi? Lidl? Morrisons? Farmfoods? Iceland?

Do you shop in any of these stores and if so is it worth making the trip? Many thanks for any input...

xx

Replies

• The_Gruffalo
    Options
    Specially Selected Ultimate British Bacon not sure on pack size think it maybe 250g but its £1:99 in Aldi never tried it but it looks very nice hardly no fat.

Lidl also have Unsmoked Back Bacon Joint for £4:99 ideal for cutting your own slices

I love Aldi for food shopping you get good quality meats for half the price of Asda and such like.
  • Kayleigh90x
    Options
    The aldi one the poster above me has mentioned is pretty good... I bought a pack a few weeks ago as I don't like the fat on bacon. Really tasty and quite good quality . My opinion anyway

X
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Lidl one, finish up half the size once grilled, so guess pumped full of water

Not the cheapest, in fact probably the dearest, but Duchy free range organic from Waitrose is lovely

Since starting this diet I have avoided bacon as it is so yummy and just has to go in a baguette with lettuce, tomato & mayo. :sad:
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    if you go too cheap, you might get horse...

... in terms of best value rather than cheapest, Morrisons is a good bet because they own all their own pigs, farms, abattoirs etc