low calorie high volume foods for dieting

Options
pac_
pac_ Posts: 57 Member
Just wanted to share some low cal high volume foods that I have been eating during my cut to stay full and not go insane.

1. Snack pack sugar free jello. Comes in packs of 4 and only 5 cals per cup with 1g carb. 20 cals for the whole pack! For some reason the black cherry flavor has 10 cals per cup so watch out.

2. Pasta zero nasoya Sheritaki noodles. 1 bag is 40 cals and 8g carbs. Great alternative to regular pasta, just drain the water out and boil them for a few minutes then add whatever sauce you like. Another version is the white yam pasta which is calorie FREE!

3. Puffed wheat cereal. Only 50 cals per 1 1/2 cup serving. Compare that to kashi which is 120 cals per 3/4 cup. You can have double the amount of puffed wheat and still have less cals. Add some unsweetened almond milk which is 30 cals per 1 cup and you got yourself a nice low cal/low carb snack.

4. Light multigrain bread. 70cals for 2 slices compared to most other brands that are 110 cals for 1 slice. Now you can enjoy a real sandwich instead of 1 piece of toast.

5. Rice cakes. Only 35-50 cals depending on brand. Spread a tbsp of sugar free jam for only an extra 10 cals.

6. Green beans. 1lb is only 140 cals, lots of fiber and really keeps you full.

7. Salad. Lots and lots of salad! 2 cups only 15 cals and its mostly water. Keeps you full and hydrated, use Walden farms calorie free dressing.

8. Liquid egg whites or egg beaters. Carb free, fat free, and packed with protein. 1 small container is only 200-250 cals. Throw some hot sauce on top for extra fat burn power from the capsaicin.

These are foods I eat on a daily basis and have really helped get me through my cut a little easier. Hope this helps someone in there journey as well.

Lig

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, broccoli.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Chocol8teThunder Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pac_ this is an awesome list. Right now my cereal of choice is

GREAT VALUE CRUNCHY RAISIN BRAN & KROGER FROSTED SHREDDED WHEAT

190 CALORIIES
    1 CUP OF 55G (Count your macros and weight this stuff)
    46g of Carbs
    1g of FAT (This is freakin' awesome people)

Don't be afraid of carbs people just count your Macros

C.T
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Rochelle thanks for sharing. I been thinking about spaghetti for my refeed days
  • JAPANFOXX
    Options
    I love my spaghetti squah and zucchini
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Just finished eating egg whites w/ Franks hot sauce (I put the sh** on everything, lol)

Thanks for the info. I am going to look for those noodles. My family loves pasta but I don't make it because I will want to eat it and they don't like spaghetti squash.
  • pac_
    pac_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    love franks hot sauce. you can usually find those noodles in the produce section near the vegan section somewhere.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    I am feeling the hot sauce too!