juicing without fasting?

Options
pa_jorg
pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
I'd like to try juicing to get in more nutrients and have an easy to-go breakfast in the mornings but I'm not interested in total fasting. Anyone else juice without fasting? How are your results or do you want to share recipes?

Replies

• lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been juicing about twice a day for the last week or so (not very long, I know) while still eating my "normal" diet... And so far, I feel AMAZING. Not kidding, the last couple of days I've hopped out of bed (before my alarm went off!) with more energy than I've had in years. My skin is already glowing - my husband has even noticed it!

Here's the website I've been using to get my recipes:

http://juicerecipes.com/health/benefits/

As Joe would say, "juice on!"
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    I've been juicing about twice a day for the last week or so (not very long, I know) while still eating my "normal" diet... And so far, I feel AMAZING. Not kidding, the last couple of days I've hopped out of bed (before my alarm went off!) with more energy than I've had in years. My skin is already glowing - my husband has even noticed it!

Here's the website I've been using to get my recipes:

http://juicerecipes.com/health/benefits/

As Joe would say, "juice on!"

It's amazing that you feel that great in one week! Makes me wish my juicer would hurry up and arrive already.
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You'll love it!
  • Unodragone
    Options
    First off congrats on picking an awesome way to stay healthy and get your much needed nutrients :drinker: I have been juicing for quite some time and can definitely vouch for its health benefits. My suggestion is to replace one meal a day with juicing, this way here you get its benefits but are not totally deprived. I am getting back into the habit of replacing my dinner with juicing, the reason being is that I noticed dinner has always been my heaviest meal and it feels like a weight in my poor little tummy that makes me lethargic :sick: juicing just feels light and healthy and I don't feel so sedated :happy: But it sounds like breakfast is the way to go for you and it will definitely give you a good kick start to the day. I applaud those who only juice, however, do not feel that’s realistic and as long as you eat moderately healthy and replace one meal with juicing, you are taking damn good care of your body without going ape****
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a juice every day. I think you'll love it! Lately I've been using juice as my mid-morning snack. It's great! :drinker:

I use the reboot with Joe website a lot for ideas. When I first started juicing I thought I needed recipes but I quickly found out that it's pretty easy to make your own juices with what you have on hand with a little experience. You can also google juice recipes, I tend to stick with recipes for green juices though because they can not taste good if you try to make your own. My favorite juice is Carrot, Celery, Apple which I often add other things to based on what's in the fridge (beets with greens, ginger, lemon, orange, fresh herbs). Today I had Mean Green Juice. Yum!
  • Yarinagal
    Yarinagal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started trying to do a juice fast at the beginning of February. I rarely ate nothing else in the day, but tried to keep it compatible. I found it pretty hard to stick to completely. Now I'm juicing a couple times a day plus watching my calories on here. My results? When I first started adding juice to my regular food, with eating less, I lost about 1/2 pound a day. When I juiced only or mostly, I lost about 1/2 a pound a day, and was hungry. Now when I'm eating tops 1200 calories a day with exercise, and juicing in part, I'm losing about 1/2 a pound a day, and am happier. I do feel more energetic since I've been juicing and have been waking up earlier. I used to sleep until 8:30 or so, and now I'm usually up with my husband at 6:30 or 7:00. I am thinking more clearly, too, and doing stairs is easier.
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was juicing 2 meals a day...well smoothie and juice..breakfast and lunch and then having regular supper. We were traveling all weekend and I did end up going a bit overboard on my calories. But the days I had been juicing I felt really good. Need to get myself back on the juice wagon, but have to be able to get to the store first....snow...snow...snow.
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    My juicer arrived yesterday and I made a great mixture of carrots, orange, grapefruit and kale and brussels sprouts. Basically everything I had in the fridge, lol. I did some taste testing last night, but had half a glass for breakfast this morning. I'm really full and barely want to drink any coffee (which is sooooo unlike me!). Hmmm, this could be interesting!!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You really will feel healthier when you are juicing. It's like a super-powered-muliti-vitamin. :happy:
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    Bump... Any more people here juicing but NOT fasting??? I just don't know how you all stop eating for days on end...

Still, just incorporating juice into my regular diet, I've found that I have more energy, my skin is glowing and my sugar cravings have subsided.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I have been juicing ~75% of my daily intake for about 10 days. I bring 32 ounces of green juice to work, so from the time I wake up, until about 4pm, -- 100% juice. I have not felt hungry at work, at all, and it feels good not to buy takeout lunches like my co-workers do.
    When i get home, I workout and have 1 more juice - OR smoothie, with unsweetend almond milk + frozen fruit)
    Then for my dinner, I have been having some steamed broccoli and a small (or 1/2 of) a sweet potato.

I am down about 2-3 lbs, and I feel a lot better.
    Cutting out drinking and going out/ ordering out helps me a lot. -- I'm trying to eat only natural foods, but I admit I've slacked off a few times at night.

So, my focus is to resist those urges and keep on track. I know when I stay on track I will lose steadily, and feel GREAT!

Good luck!
  • saratague
    saratague Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am having a juice every day but not “fasting”.

I PERSONALLY don’t agree with juice fasts and definitely know that it won’t do me any good – I started having a juice because I struggle to eat breakfast and I don’t like many veggies (and therefore, don’t eat NEARLY enough of them).

I started just last week and planned on only having a juice for breakfast, but the juice kept me so full that I am having it for breakfast and lunch with two healthy snacks before I leave work.

Then I eat a sensible dinner, have another post-dinner snack, and that’s it.

I’m struggling to eat ENOUGH calories! :)

The biggest thing to keep in mind – Be careful of the fruit. Our first attempt at a juice was great for breakfast and lunch but it had about 900 calories. The juice I have now only has about 400 or so.

The results I’ve seen SO FAR have been AWESOME! I have a lot more energy, I feel better, I even lost 3.5 pounds without exercise last week. I’m excited to see how much weight I lose this week WITH exercise.

Here’s the recipe I use (estimate):
    5 cup spinach
    1 cup kale
    3 carrots
    1-1.5 cucumber
    2 medium apples
    1 large lemon

I have also added a little ginger to help cut the taste, but since I’m not a big fan I use a VERY small amount.

Hope this helps a bit and good luck to you!

Sara
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I juice without fasting also. I've juiced previously and have started again about a week ago due to a lot of fatigue post treatment that I just can't seem to shake. So now it's 2 juices a day for me. I like the idea of replacing one meal with juicing and think I may give that a try. Lunch would be the replacement meal as I am napping afterwards because I get SO tired. Bizarre. It's great to meet other juicers!!