Quick Meals and Snacks

Options
I'm a little time strapped lately and, am sorry to say, have been resorting to convenience foods to feed my family at times. What are your favorite quick meals and snacks for a busy mom?

Replies

• THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My mom always had a few boiled eggs around. She put them in our school lunches too. So I also keep a few boiled eggs around.

Other things would be grapes, strawberries, carrot sticks, etc. Fruit and veggies that are easy to grab.

Or, trail mix would work too.

(I don't have kids, so I'm trying to remember what I liked, and what the day care kids liked, lol)

Raisins seemed to be a hit with the little ones. Peanut butter and apple slices (my personal favorite.) Cheese cubes. Banana slices.

My sister used to make grilled cheese sandwiches for her kids, but that may not work for you (I don't know what your status is on bread).

Um, scrambled eggs for breakfast was relatively quick and easy. Oatmeal, although it's very messy with the toddlers. Yogurt and fruit.

Another big thing with the kids was spaghetti and sauce with turkey mince, but unless you prepared a pot ahead of time (hard to do with kids, I know) it's not really quick or easy.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I like to cook a bunch of food over the weekend and then we have food to eat all week. I make things that reheat easily like meatballs, fajitas, burgers. I also boil eggs and make large batches of chicken salad and/or tuna salad. I find that being prepared is my best defense for the "time crunch" that comes during the week.

Another time-saver is the slow cooker/crock pot! I put something in it in the morning and when I get home from work... voila! Dinner is ready.

Disclaimer: I'm not a busy mom. But... I am busy! :wink:
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad pinwheels....tuna salad wrapped in a tortilla and sliced in 1" slices.

Clementines..they peel great!

black olives....just by themselves. Yumm

graham crackers with p-butter and a small glass of milk

unsalted mixed nuts

dehydrated banana chips

Quick meals-

Crock pot chili

beans and ham and cornbread

steamed broccoli cooled...

fried rice

pizza squares-use slices of french bread for crust

........(to be continued).......
  • sparky38351
    Options
    I second the crock pot! It can be your best friend! I even cook whole chicken in mine to eat on for several days!