Memorial Day Low Carber Weight Loss Challenge -Week 1

Options
13»

Replies

• ctopherSmith
    ctopherSmith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started tracking for a different challenge yesterday at 289.5.

Today I am at 288.6

My body fat (scale so not all that accurate) reported at 46.7%

I still have to do measurements soon.

While I have a long way to go, I need to start somewhere!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Welcome ctopherSmith!
  • bethierose
    bethierose Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Speaking of measurements, I had something super depressing happen with my measurements! I went to the doctor's office and had one nurse measure me the first time, and she mis-measured in my chest and waist... my hips were measured in the correct spot though. When I went back for a f/u, the nurse said I had GAINED 9 inches in my chest and 3 inches in my waist! LOL I had lost a little over 15 lbs at that time, so I knew it was just a mistake.. the second nurse just shook her head and apologized that it looked like I was getting bigger, but I'm glad for the accurate measurements. I had lost 6 inches in my hips, so that was right at least!!! :)
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too, todays weight 187lbs
  • msandwich
    Options
    @msandwich - I saw your ticker and had not heard of DDP Yoga so I decided to Google it. First of all. I was so surprised to see DIamond Dallas Page - I was a fan of his from back in the days of WWF. 15 minutes after reviewing the site I ordered it. and joined the teamddpyoga.com forum. It's quite possible that in a few weeks I shall either be singing your praises or cursing you :laugh:

I did not take measurements yet but I did take a photo. For Father's Day I am taking my husband to a Red Sox/Rangers Game. I picked up a ladies Red Sox T...2 sizes too small - with my goal to get into that shirt by Father's Day. I put it on yesterday (looked like a sausage) and took photos.

Awesome! Welcome to the madness! It's a great program. Be sure to add me on teamDDPyoga too!
  • kpierce169
    kpierce169 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Starting wt is 166.4, hope to be 145 by end of challenge!
    Yikes-here goes measurements....starting sept'12/now
    forearm 9.5/ 9.5in *no change there
    bicep 12.5/12.5in *ditto
    chest 46/36.5in *there's where the weight came from! Not fair.
    waist 39/34.5in
    hip 47/43in
    thigh 26.5/21.5in
    calf 15.5/15in

Girl don't be yikes-ing! You've lost 37 pounds. DId you take your measurements before you lost the 37? If you did (and everyone else that has), post side-by-bide your pre-wightloss measurements and current. For 2 reasons....to reinforce that what you are doing is giving you resultss and to give those that are new to weightloss/LC inspiration. It may be slow, but it is progress!!!

Here are my measurements:
    Pre- 24 Pound Weightloss vs Current for the Challenge
    Chest: 48.5/44.5
    Waist: 42.5/40
    Hips: 46/43
    FOrearm 11/10.75
    Bicep: 14.25/12.5
    Thigh: 28/26
    Calf:18.5/17.75
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Weekend is here, doesn't mean a weak end. Stay the course!!!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ctopherSmith
    My body fat (scale so not all that accurate) reported at 46.7%

Hey bud, I have managed to leverage diet changes and heavy weights to drop my BF from 45 to 29%. 45 was at 330, at 275 I was still 40%. I am 272ish and 29%. You do have to start somewhere, but it isn't as bad as you think!

I weigh the same as I did on my wedding day 3 years ago but look 50 pounds lighter.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    And weight unchanged
  • ctopherSmith
    ctopherSmith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey bud, I have managed to leverage diet changes and heavy weights to drop my BF from 45 to 29%. 45 was at 330, at 275 I was still 40%. I am 272ish and 29%. You do have to start somewhere, but it isn't as bad as you think!

Thanks Bakkasan! While I do not have calipers, I figured I'd use this scale to see movement of any kind. Maybe then I could figure out a percentage loss. Or at least thats my thinking.

Anyway, glad to see you on here and supporting people. Let get his excess baggage gone!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    It's kind of hopeful to know that under all my excess there is a leaner, fit body waiting to get out.