New Group Member

Options
Hi everyone
I started Paleo on Monday, so only 3 days in. Feeling good so far and lots of energy which is good.

My main issue will be finding different lunches to have at work - I can see I will get bored with salads each day. We don't have access to rings or an oven - but we do have a small microwave.

I'm trying Paleo for 6 weeks to find out if it will help shift my final stone. I've calorie counted for over 5 years, dropping from size 22 (UK) to size 12/14. But I can't shift the final stone no matter what I try!

So wish me luck!

Replies

• SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to Paleo as well....going on 3 weeks now. I have found for me it's easiest to make sure I make enough of my dinner the night before and then just take leftovers for lunch the following day. This has worked great so far for me. If I don't have leftovers and I don't feel like salad I throw a ton of raw veggies in my lunch bag to munch on and whip up some egg salad with homemade mayo.

Good luck with you journey!
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.... Good Luck!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I started Paleo on Monday, so only 3 days in. Feeling good so far and lots of energy which is good.

My main issue will be finding different lunches to have at work - I can see I will get bored with salads each day. We don't have access to rings or an oven - but we do have a small microwave.

I'm trying Paleo for 6 weeks to find out if it will help shift my final stone. I've calorie counted for over 5 years, dropping from size 22 (UK) to size 12/14. But I can't shift the final stone no matter what I try!

So wish me luck!

Leftovers! I make extra and take it to work with me. Makes it easy. :drinker:
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I find lunch is the easiest.
    I don't have access to a kitchen at work so take lunch in a cooler every day. At the moment I'm pretty stuck on salads. I try to keep them simple - greens, protein (tuna, chicken, beef), maybe some tomato and an avocado. I've been eating a variation on that for the last year and look forward to it every day. Change it up with different dressings.
    Left overs from dinner are also great, I prefer not to reheat them anyway. Makes it easier if you just cook a little extra the night before. Some cold sliced steak, avocado, tomatoes, my fave balsamic/olive dressing....easy.
    I try to be prepared and keep a supply of frozen chicken breasts on hand. Just cook a whole lot up on the bbq, cut in half, freeze and then you've always got something on hand to pull out to defrost overnight in the fridge to build a good lunch around. Same with dressing - I make a big quantity in the weekend in a screwtop jar and keep in my lunch bag for the week.
    Hope some of that helps :-)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

So wish me luck!

Microwave, eh?

Well, you could cook yourself up a sweet potato - easy to carry around, delicious and go with a ridiculous number of things. Maybe bring some jerky with you, or - as others have suggested - leftovers, say in the form of chilli-meat. Maybe just a sweet potato and butter pair; it's quite satiating, as well as delicious. Low in protein, mix of fat and carbs to be sure, but IMO, protein's more of a dinner thing. :D

Also, maybe you might find you're not much of a lunch person? I dunno. I found my appetite though out the day has diminished very rapidly. You could just bring a long a small handful of nuts, some jerky and a piece of fruit in case you get a bit peckish. As weird (and kinda stupid) as this may sound: you don't have to make a meal out of lunch. Could just be a few snacks.
  • shelleycc
    Options
    Yep, leftovers, leftovers, leftovers, is my mantra.

Some leftover protein, or a quickie protein (tinned tuna, sardines, hard boiled eggs, etc.) mixed with a big pile of raw or cooked veggies, maybe add some avocado or mayo for lubrication...et voila: lunch!

Frozen bagged veggies are a wonderful convenience item. I like green beans, spinach, kale, collards, broccoli or cauliflower. I always have *something* of that sort defrosted in the fridge that I can grab and use as the platform for my next meal.