New group members

Options
It's great to see new members to the group, and some amazing weight loss journeys on your profiles too!
Why not introduce yourself and let me know if there's any info you'd like to see discussed on the boards?
We're all in this together girls! :) x

Replies

• Julieann777
    Julieann777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! New here for the 2nd time. My first time around on MFP was good but short. This time I plan to stay and wanted to get involved in the online community. Love the name of this group. We truly are without limits. Hope to make some MFP community friends.

Julie
  • jodid7
    jodid7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! New to MFP, Ive currently lost 35lbs on a different type of diet, unfortunatly I got bored with it and dont want to lose focus so my sister recommended MFP. Seen this group and had to join! Hope to get some encouraging support and to help support others. We can do this! We are Women, We are Strong!!!!!
  • Joannavictoriaashley
    Options
    Hi Juliann and Jodid, great to have you both on board! :)
    I'm hoping too that together can really make positive changes to our lives, whether its weight loss, diet or whatever else.
    You can't beat having good girlfriends when it comes to life's dramas! Xx
  • PurplDeuce
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am new to MFP, but not new to trying to lose weight. I started about over a year ago in September I was at my all time heaviest of 199lbs. Growing up I lead a pretty active childhood as a dancer and participant in sports and theatre. This continued through high school and my freshman year of college. Initially I thought what every new college student did, that I had gained the dreaded "Freshman Fifteen." What I didn't know was that I was living with Hashimoto's Disease (Underactive Thyroid). I struggled with getting it treated properly, and then with getting it under control. I hated seing myself in pictures, I started out and vowed that this would be it. Now that my thryoid was looking like it had been taken care of I had NO EXCUSES. I was able to exercise, found I had more energy and the weight started coming off. I began running, completed the Couch to 5K program, and ran my first 5K in July of 2012. I have managed to lose 40lbs between then and now. I've got about 10/15lbs to go to achieve my goal weight.
  • Joannavictoriaashley
    Options
    Hi Melissa, 40lbs is an amazing achievement!
    I too have an under active thyroid, which I believe happened as a result of an eating disorder I suffered in my early 20's.
    I am now treated with thyroxine (have been for many years), but never really feel 100% healthy.
    Are you feeling back to your old self since being diagnosed and treated? x
  • PurplDeuce
    Options
    :happy: For the most part yes!! I'm on 137 mcg of Levothyroxine and thankfully its been working out great. I do have my occasional days were I get tired, but I found that those have become hand down some of my best "workouts" ever. I relied on issues with my thryoid, and it was my excuse..no to do what I needed to to become healthy again. I'm glad its no longer an excuse :wink:
  • mmolenda06
    mmolenda06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Margaret. My goal is not necessarily to lose weight but to tone up and fel better about myself. I joined workoutbox.com in December and have been really enjoying the workouts. My energy has increased dramatically and I feel amazing. I'm looking for friends and support and can provide the same!
  • BrandyJohnston
    Options
    Hi everyone! From the beginning of this year until now I have lost 21 lbs and 8 inches altogether. I am also on facebook and started a group there that has healthified recipes on it as well as links to find more recipes. You are more than welcome to add your own recipes. If anyone is interested it is www.facebook.com/groups/lowcalGoodrecipes I am also in the process of making my own spice mixes and rubs for flavoring meats!
  • Joannavictoriaashley
    Options
    Thanks Brandy! :drinker:
  • laconnors
    laconnors Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm back on MyFitnessPal for a second (or third) time. Just was diagnosed with Asthma about 5 months ago; it's made working out very difficult at times and some of the mediciation (both asthma and non-asthma) that I'm on has caused me to a) gain weight, b) increase my blood sugar and c) increase my cholesterol. So, I'm doing my best to work out and be better at tracking my food and hoping to correct the weight gain, blood sugar issues and cholesterol issues.

My goal is to lose weight, get healthier (in general) and to feel better about myself and get my asthma under control.
  • mrstsingleton12
    Options
    Hi, new to this group and I'm a mom on a mission to lose between 20 and 30 pounds. Not as easy as I thought it would be due to a back injury that makes certain exercises difficult. If anyone can give me some ideas for toning my abdominal area without putting strain on my lower back it would be greatly appreciated. I already walk 1-3 miles so I already have that in place just need to add some toning exercises for the abs. I'm really driven to lose the extra weight and do what I need to be done to take it off and keep it off.