Finally Have a Plan!!

Options
danipals
danipals Posts: 143 Member
After constantly changing my "plan" every few weeks because the scale didn't move I am completely committed for at least the next 6 weeks to a plan. (will continue after that but drop down a bit on cardio after our race.)

I am lifting with NROL4W on MWF at lunch after work (did my second workout today). I am running with a friend TTHSu for our 10k training for a race we've already signed up for.

I will eat 1600 on my one rest day and 1800 every other day. (Lower than lots of people on here but what I think is correct for me at 5'6" and 39yo at 166lbs and 36%BF *(yuk!)

I am so happy to find a program that does NOT focus on what the scale says each week! It will take away a huge mental battle for me I think!

Just wanted to get down in words my plan and throw it out there!

Replies

• CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Good luck and keep us posted!!!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Sounds like a great workout plan. I'm concerned about the calorie levels you've got set for yourself. I put your numbers into Scooby and came up with much higher numbers. Given that you're doing six days a week - one of which I'm assuming is a long run to get ready for your 10k, I'd put you in the strenuous activity category, moderate activity at the absolute minimum. Are you eating at cut or at maintenance right now?

Here's what I came up with for strenuous:

TDEE - 2584
    CUT - 2196

Here's what I came up with for moderate:

TDEE - 2322
    CUT - 1973
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for checking those numbers for me! I have the hardest time figuring out what activity level I should be at. When I'm not exercising I'm spending a lot of time sitting at kids's sporting events or driving them around. I do teach Preschool three mornings a week so I'm standing/walking etc. I then do about an hour of grocery shopping twice a week. Not much else activity wise though. If I have half an hour to sit and read I will most certainly take it! Diet is definitely the hardest component for me!

I tried to use the numbers from NROL4W which is a bit lower than scooby.
  • tblackwell1234
    tblackwell1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats on developing your plan. That is awesome! I decided on EM2WL last week and started Sunday, so I'm a newbie too.
    My plan: My goal is 1870 calories net daily. I'm currently doing TurboFire and Total Gym for strength training.

Feel free to add me as a friend!

Hugs,
    Toni