Insanity results!

Options
Hi everyone! I just finished day 1 on week 4 and phewww I'm feeling good! I was just wondering about the results people got from doing insanity! How much weight did you guys lose?

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just finished month 1 yesterday, and lost a total of.......one pound. However, I have noticed a big change in the mirror! Excited to see what month 2 brings
  • IAmKellOnWheels
    IAmKellOnWheels Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My experience...stay away from the scale. I've lost 11 lbs after month 1, but my body looks like I lost 25. And, I'm getting ripped...and cellulite is almost gone. My hair and skin are shiny, I have a ton of energy for my girls and hubby. As a friend of mine said, "The scale is a mean b*tch who kicks puppies and steals candy from babies". For me, I just got into jeans that are 2 sizes smaller and a slim cut along with a size smaller shirt. At this point, the scale could read whatever it wants LOL because I'm in my super skinny jeans! YoungDoc2B has it right...the mirror tells you all you need!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My experience...stay away from the scale. I've lost 11 lbs after month 1, but my body looks like I lost 25. And, I'm getting ripped...and cellulite is almost gone. My hair and skin are shiny, I have a ton of energy for my girls and hubby. As a friend of mine said, "The scale is a mean b*tch who kicks puppies and steals candy from babies". For me, I just got into jeans that are 2 sizes smaller and a slim cut along with a size smaller shirt. At this point, the scale could read whatever it wants LOL because I'm in my super skinny jeans! YoungDoc2B has it right...the mirror tells you all you need!

oh this is awesome to hear!!!
  • sdgray27
    sdgray27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have one day of Insanity left and managed to add 6 lbs, but weight gain was my goal. I feel good and see an increase in muscle mass and definition when I look in the mirror. I agree with the comments that success shouldn't be judged on the scale but by how you look and feel. I like this article: http://whole9life.com/2012/03/5-reasons-to-break-up-with-your-scale/. Some good arguments for ditching your scale.
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    STEP away from the scale!!!! I didn't lose much weight, but I shed 23.5 inches & built muscle. All those killer push ups toned my arms too. Just compare measurements, it's a much better indicator of progress.
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options

WOW! That's awesome. What has been your diet plan (calories consumed) and have you combined Insanity with any other workouts? I just completed month 1 and ate at about 1800-2000 calories a day. I lost 5 pounds and 8.7 inches and I can't see a difference in the mirror AT ALL. What am I doing wrong? I'm pissed and have been working my *kitten* off. Thanks for the advice and great work on the dramatic body transformation after just one month. I start month 2 day after tomorrow.
  • IAmKellOnWheels
    IAmKellOnWheels Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Kandyhar - you're doing AMAZING. If you lost almost 9 inches and 5 lbs, I know there's a difference there! You're not doing anything wrong! You lost over a pound of fat per week, and what about the muscle you gained? Are you following the food plan? I follow it 99% of the time. Also, I started MFP at 5'9" and 208lbs. I'm now 193 and still have a ways to go. I'm guessing that's a bit more than where you're starting. Another thing I did was completely eliminate caffeine, coffee, pop, candy, white bread, all junk food and go mostly gluten-free (about 80% of the time). I also switched to Almond Milk instead of milk products.

Trust me, in month 2 you will see results! And no matter what, you will be stronger and more fit than any scale can measure! Many people "lose" only a few pounds, but their inches are falling off!

Feel free to add me :) There's a lot of women Insaners here!
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options

To piggy back on Kell's statement, the best thing to use to judge your size are your BELT (are you reaching a new belt hole?) and your WATCH (is it spinning around your wrist?)

Another good one, but a little tougher to gauge, is your necklace. Is the charm sitting further down your chest? That means your neck is thinning out. For a guy, that's huge.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The first time I did Insanity I lost a grand total of 12 lbs over the two months. The real change was in the inches. I dropped a shirt size and a pant size after those two months and my arms, chest and back were more toned than they had ever been.
    Bottom line: pay attention to the mirror and the measuring tape, and step away from the scale.
  • maseface1
    maseface1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on moth 2 week 1 and although im feeling great and probably the fittest I have ever been I was getting a little annoyed by the lack of movement on the scale (about 5lb i think). But.... I measured myself last night and i have lost 4.5 inches from my waist, 3/4 inch from each thigh and an inch from my hips so that has cheered me up!

Stick with it and ignore the scales I think is the lesson i'm learning!
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm about to complete month 1 and have lost a total of 10 pounds! I think that is awesome because I am a slow loser:ohwell: But the biggest change I've noticed is how my clothes fit. I have not measured myself yet, however my pants are so loose I think it is time to move to a smaller size. (yeah!)

Just keep pressing play and the result will come.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have two weeks left of Insanity and so far I've lost just under 10 lbs but I look like I've lost 20. I've lost 10.75 inches over all with the most on my waist, 3 inches off. My whole body shape has changed and my husband says he's never felt my body this toned before. I also got back into my pre-pregnancy jeans with a 28 inch waist 5 weeks after Insanity and when I put it on this morning, it was actually loose.

I agree with the above comments about the scale. My scale hardly moved and only started to shift about 1.5-2lb per week in Month 2. Month 1 really is just to prep you for Max Month 2 and you will see the most changes in Month 2 because to quote Shaun T: That **** is bananas, yo...

Don't give up!
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's good motivational news ta
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am halfway thru the second week/month two. Month one, I didn't see a ton of results, but I felt good doing it. I LOVED Recovery Week; I felt like I could really tell a difference with those workouts. Then month two. I feel like I put on pants that fit(slightly baggy) last week and now they're totally falling off. The scale didn't move much the first month. So I went back to counting calories(three weeks into that now) and stopped eating three hours before bed and I'm seeing some movement. So the scale had maybe moved 2lbs in over a month, and I took measurements and they didn't move at all!! I'm losing everywhere I don't measure: my face, my neck, my wrists, my calves, my butt. I noticed my rings were too big a few weeks back. Anyways, I'm not seeing tons of progress where I want to( stomach, arms, back), but I just keep pushing play cuz I like it! :) I want to do a hybrid with Hip Hop Abs, but I have yet to get started on that.
  • Shettles349
    Options
    I'm finishing Insanity this Saturday. So far I've lost 22lbs. As far as my diet, I carb cycled. One day high carbs, the next day low carbs. I would do this for 3 weeks, then do a whole week of high carbs. Then back to the 3 week cycle. Look up Chris Powell, he wrote a book on carb cycling. It's a little rough at first to get use to, especially the low carb days, but your body will adjust. I do this 6 days a week, taking Sundays off from workouts. I also eat whatever I want on Sundays. Good luck!