Phase 3_The end in sight

Options
mznortiz
mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
Just finished by first phase 3 workout today. i gotta be honest, i did my best but didn't make it thru all the exercises. i was there 90 minutes. mentally and physically, i shut down after that. i worked up quite a sweat. i can see why/how you can really shred during this phase. definitely have to find some modifications for things but overall tickled pink with myself for getting this far!

how's it going with you?

Replies

• shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 8, so I'm a week behind.

I haven't really seen any results thus far in weight/measurements, although I know I'm physically stronger (and can lift like a mother in some moves), I sleep better, feel better etc.

I have a bum foot/ankle so cardio is almost being nixed the next couple days to a week (might be able to hit up the bike though) so it should prove interesting to say the least.

I'm so proud of all of us Live Fit'ers :) we totally ROCK THE PARTY
  • SeraFee
    SeraFee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 7 today. I'm looking forward to Phase 3 though. I know I have definitely gained a ton of muscle (I HAVE BICEPS!!!) But have not seen much movement on the scale. I hope phase three will change that, at least a bit! :)
    I'd love to see a success stories thread for those of you who are nearing the end of the program.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just finished by first phase 3 workout today. i gotta be honest, i did my best but didn't make it thru all the exercises. i was there 90 minutes. mentally and physically, i shut down after that. i worked up quite a sweat. i can see why/how you can really shred during this phase. definitely have to find some modifications for things but overall tickled pink with myself for getting this far!

how's it going with you?

I'm with you on this! Sometimes I am just so crunched of time or just start getting "over it" when I am there for so long! I was okay today but I did have to change some things. There's a "triple set" with leg extensions, the side to side jumps, and smith machine squats but there was 2 issues. 1) the smith machine is in a completely separate area of the gym and if I moved it's not a guarantee that the extension machine wouldn't be taken 2) there was someone using the smith (we only have 1 right now at my gym) so I adapted and did body squats but made sure my weight was on my heels.

I definitely got a good workout in though! And I understand/realize that I need to spend time in the gym to attain my goals but In MY opinion you can get a great and effective workout done in an hour so it's tough sometimes staying an hour 1/2 or more.
  • kris0812
    kris0812 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I start phase 3 next week! I'm excited because I'm ready to shed the fat on top of this muscle! lol! I made the mistake (again) of getting on the scale, and I have gained weight. I do believe it's muscle, because I'm eating healthy and my clothes fit better, but it was a bigger gain than I was prepared for. I've tried to forget about it! haha!! I can tell a big difference in my upper body, and my legs have gotten much stronger as well. I did take my measurements again, and some have stayed the same, but some have gotten smaller. I REALLY wish I hadn't stepped on that scale!!
  • kris0812
    kris0812 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Question...I was looking over the phase 3 workouts and trying to think of how I could make the best use of time because things in my gym can be pretty spread out depending on what you need. For example, if I'm supposed to do Burpees or side to side jumps after using a machine, it's going to be hard for me to find enough space to do them without running into someone else unless I go to the opposite side of the gym. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking I'm probably just going to have to walk all over the place! Which is fine, I just know it will take up more time! About how long are the phase 3 workouts taking everyone?
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    113 minutes start to finish did everything, today couldnt do it to a T due to traffic at the gym so 93 (i think)
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Week 9 day 2 and OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I am so glad I am not the only one spending 90+ minutes in the gym now. Sheesh! However, I am getting a helluva burn (600+ cals burned per HRM both day 1 and day 2).

I am sore in places I didn't think I would be considering I've had 8 weeks of torture, I mean working out and lifting, but I can say for sure this one so far is whipping my tail.

I saw very, VERY little results in phase 1 and 2 (lost 5lbs in 1 and maintained in 2 -but almost no inches) so here's to hoping that I will start to see things move very soon!