Introduction and Chat March 1

Options
breezedaze
breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
Hi everybody; I'm sure it will take a while to build up membership but a small group can be as effective as a big one.

I started losing weight on a very effective program that I am still on..however I won't share that here because that's irrelevant as what works for me might not be your thing.

At the end of December I was smaller than I had ever been in years and very fit. Then we moved. And renovated a house. and here is is March 1 and I just now am getting back on track.

The jeans I could pull on without unzipping are now to tight to wear.

Due to an eating disorder in my 20's I stopped weighing..that number on the scale is a trigger.

My savior? The Quantum scale which only tells your total loss, not your actual weight. I purchased one and started using it 3 weeks ago. I have lost 4.6lbs to date but have no idea how much I actually weight...no trigger!

Now..my motivation? Well I am a married woman with an amazing husband who is very attractive.

I am a published author and a freelance writer for a newspaper

I am almost 47 and feel like life is just starting, I am working on novel #2.

And it looks like I'm going to be pretty well known, at least regionally with public engagements etc.

I want to be able to feel physically attractive, not younger than my years, but one of those people who, when people look at me think,"I want to be like her when I'm 50"

I have decided to go all the way. 40lbs is the goal I've set. I'm doing it slowly because I want to know that it's fat I've lost not muscle or just water. Weight isn't the entire goal, it's 40lbs of fat..I am a very muscular woman by nature so will never be a light weight but size wise I think a 6/7 will be perfect. I'm a 10/12.

I also want all my old boyfriends to have their jaws drop when they see me!:laugh:

I think the key to success is helping others so I'm here to help you.

I feel a sense of obligation to lose because you're all counting on the support.

Let's stop making excuses, let's lose that 40lbs.

Replies

• Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just stumbled on your post. I'm going to celebrate my 58th birthday next week and I share all of your dreams and goals. My weight crept up over 20 years of raising 2 children while working full time and generally not taking care of myself. Guess what, over time I lost the ability to take care of myself. Reclaiming that right. My 40th high school reunion is in August and I plan to be 30 pounds lighter. I was doing great in December and with New Year's resolutions, then got side tracked by cold/flu etc. for over a month. So glad February is a short month because I'm ready to go in March.
  • kristishrider
    Options
    I am new here to this site and I also want to lose the 40# I have put on in the last 3yrs. I was a stay at home mom who had plenty of time and my husband had the money for me to go to the gym daily and pay a personal trainer. We have since been separated for the last 4yrs and I am now a single mom of 4 kids with a full-time job. I want want my better body back. I was happy as a size 12 (with my nice hour glass figure). I seem to be one of those women who has to work very hard at losing/maintaining my weight. I eat very little because i have little desire to eat, and what I do eat is to me very healthy. I have to figure out how to add calories to my diet which i am trying to do with green smoothies. I drink one for breakfast and one for a snack and i seem to be adding good calories as well as making sure to get my fruits and veggies in that way.

Also cutting wayyyyyyy back on the alcohol, so i can be a bit grumpy in the evenings. I just want to get this weight back off and learn how to maintain my goal weight. I hope to be getting divorced this year, and remarried. lol but thats all a long story. The current husband quickly moved on and had a new baby, so his gf is stalling things because she doesnt want him to have to pay a divorce settlement. So stressful!! You dont think stress has anything to do with all this weight gain too do you?? LOL
  • breezedaze
    Options
    awesome! I just fixed my ticker...I have no idea what I weigh with the quantum scale so just gave it an arbitrary starting number..should work.

Welcome to the group!

I'm hoping to have a highly positive and motivated and successful group.

You will certainly be slim by then.

Take all the right steps today, see yourself as the belle of the ball at that reunion.

I have my daughter's wedding...I have a very beautiful dress picked out that will be made for me in a beautiful champagne..it is floor length.

I see my husband and I in photos looking so fantastic..he will be in a tux. It'll be red carpet perfect.

One day at a time doing the right things to make the dream reality.

Oh..and I have 4 daughters..stay at home/work at home/ husband works away a lot...but no excuses..I am reclaiming my slender healthy self.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    stress releases cortisol..cortisol inhibits fat loss..so YES.

Way to destress...well stress is in the mind...you can have two people go through exactly the same experience..one stress and one go "whatever"

The divorce will happen eventually, the settlement will come whether you stress or not about it so you put on a smile and choose not.

Easier said than done..but can be done.

Welcome! Slow and steady and optimistic day by day approach to life will get you there! Your husband's new gf will be so jealous! LOL
  • kristishrider
    Options

Welcome! Slow and steady and optimistic day by day approach to life will get you there! Your husband's new gf will be so jealous! LOL

The gf is already jealous :laugh:
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Can totally relate with all you have said!! It's exactly how I feel, especially regarding the scale, haven't been on since I lost 5lbs, have decided to measure my success by how I feel and eventually getting back into the clothes I was wearing two years ago, figure this is a marathon not a sprint, slow and steady wins the race!!!
  • mgmoss061989
    Options
    Hey guys!!!

I just joined here on Sunday and actually started with it on this past Monday. So far I like it and it's simple. My goal is to loose 62 pounds but I know that it will take time. I want to do it the right way so that I'll be able to keep the weight off this time. I think this group is a wonderful idea because we all are able to encourage eachother. :happy:
  • breezedaze
    Options
    exactly and that desperation to do it fast is stressful...we need to be chill...realistic of course, keep track, we've been knocked off...but for the most part...take definite, defined steps.

I like my quantum scale because it shows loss overall not weight..so much more positive.

Mindset is everything!
  • bakerbecky4733
    bakerbecky4733 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I am glad to have found this group of people....amazing how you can be in the right place at the right time and meet people who have similar goals....anyway, I am almost 52 (GASP!)....three grown children all living in Florida (I am in New York), a wonderful, supportive husband and work FT as a Clinic Operations Manager managing several physician offices.

I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer 6 years ago this weekend....am now cancer free, albeit with two less breasts!! I have always fought the flab....I love food, what can I say.

My younger sister and I and our spouses are going on vacation at end of June. She is a lot like me in the fact that she loves food too!! haha....we have a bet to see who can lose the most weight before we pour ourselves into bathing suits on vacation. I look at this as a great way to get my head out of my you-know-what and start focusing on my body, my health and my family. I want to be here for grandchildren, weddings, etc. I want others to look at me and see a strong, beautiful woman that is totally in control of her life and future.

I will be here for you and help you through this as I help myself through this....now let's get sweating!!!! :)
  • breezedaze
    Options
    if she's already jealous..this will tip her into insanity! lol

Just having fun of course...

But fun is important too!

For me, there is a person who did an awful thing to me a while ago...I won't bash her..she's human and she's paying for it with a very unhappy circumstance..however...

I have improved my life drastically since that time...and I know she sees that...she, on the other hand, has exactly what she wanted....and it's a booby prize...I feel compassion because she thought bashing me would help her reach her goals.

Instead, I have what she was striving for....and she has moved backwards in her life.

And the very real human side of me...is happy to see this play out this way...the compassionate side of me hopes he learned a lesson...some things are not worth hurting others for...it'll haunt you.
  • kiannarb
    kiannarb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've been w/ MFP for a while now and have seen changes in my weight. However, once I see changes I strart to get lazy w/ my reporting and exercising. I've been going up and down w/ my weight for too long and enough is enough!! I've decided to finanlly have a true weight loss goal in mind. It took me forever to do this, but I'm glad I did :happy: I've also decided to keep a workout journal, not to show my progress. But to write down my workout routine before I get to the gym. This allows me to know what I'm going to do before I get there. Talking to my co-worker this week allowed me to realize the importance of setting a date for me to acheive my goals. Especially since I'm considering doing the Run For Your Lives zombie obstackle course in Oct 2013. Although the majority of my weight loss will come from my efforts; I'm glad to have found a group where I feel comfortable sharing my journey.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    oh where to start..lol I have been on MFP since August 2011 my highest weight was 184lbs now I'm 167lbs. back in august i got down to 150lbs. was so happy and felt great.then we got ready for the move from RI. to TX. we have 4 boys oldest is 21 he stayed in RI. the others are 10 9 and 5..hubby retired from the Navy and we move to TX. where hopefully soon his new career will take off(truck driver) since the move I got all the way up to 170LBS. back in the middle of Jan I/we joined the local gym I try to go 3 times a week(Tues,Thurs. and Sat.) and on Mon,Wed. and Fri. I do the c25k..today I start a challenge for the month of March where I do 5 different workouts 6 days a week.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    Navy wife..I too had a move interrupt the very good path I was on...and probably gained the same amount back as you did.

too many lonely evenings also contributes..I'm a writer so work days while kids are at sTimchool..evenings are so dull to me...no company..not one to wallow but do get lazy at times..and pick at food...or bake..or any number of things to take my mind off the fact that I have no adult company most of the time.

We all have our potential excuses.

I have a serious deadline that will keep me in for the next 2 months..but then..a big reveal will happen

Cheers
  • Lilu1977
    Lilu1977 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello. I just came across you post and felt I had to join. I have been using this app since jan 1 and have lost 13lbs but am finding that it is starting to get more challenging. I'm hoping that through this group I can find the inspiration and push I need to keep going.
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for about 3 weeks now. I've been pretty much stuck on the same weigh for about 3 weeks. In a way I feel like giving up. I try to weigh myself once a week. But I usually end up doing it more. My goal is lose about 35 pounds and firm up.
  • NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 40 lbs. I randomly picked a goal weight based on BMI. I may end up at that weight or less or more. I use this site and my fitbit to help with my weight loss. Since I started a month ago losing weight, I've lost every week. I weigh in every Tuesday and I look forward to that day like crazy. My goal is to lose 1.5 lbs a week.

It's funny, but every day offers new challenges to me and my weight loss. I look forward to the inspiration I will get from you folks.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Hi All,
    A little about me, well, I'm a mother of 3 wonderful boys (men), I was divorced 13 years before I found the love of my life! A month after we met, my Kevin was in a serious motorcycle accident, he suffered 3 brain injuries. My friends were not that supportive, told me I didn't sign up for it but I was already in love and was not going to leave him when he needed me most. He was in a coma for 4 months, I was constantly walking on eggshells around his family as they didn't know me and they were very protective of him. I felt so alone! Long story but I was finally able to bring him home with me from Re-hab - he had lost so much weight, so I cooked to add pounds on him, unfortunately, I ended up gaining 40lbs in the process. It's been 2 years now, he is doing fantastic - my miracle man and I am disgusted with myself!!
    I made the decision to make a change in my life at the first of this year, I have lost 13lbs so far by watching calories and playing with my macros. I'm currently on level 3, day 5 of the 30 Day Shred - I love it and have lost a total of 9" from my mid section.
    I will be 50 this November and I am going to look good by then! We are riding again, I am going to be that cool biker chick I've always been! :happy:
    I would love the support of this group through my journey! Please feel free to add me.
  • GrammyDanni
    GrammyDanni Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today, I am focused, motivated and excited to be on this weight loss journey. Tomorrow, I might be weak, and frustrated... But I will keep going because I have a goal of being 50 pounds lighter by this summer.

Turning 52 yo and hitting my all time heaviest weight, I am looking forward this new lifestyle journey. Starting with healthy food choices and incorporating exercise (which wil be easier once it warms up)

Thankful I found this message board, after reading everyones post, it feels like a good fit.

Looking forward to hearing about everyones journey and please share any delicious recipes you have.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I will start off by telling you about my weight loss journey. I started out at 250 pounds and a size 26W. I knew I needed to do something I had always been that atheletic and strong lady. I felt at this weight I was stripping myself of being who I truly was. I began to do something about it. I began first in the Spring of 2011 doing a 5 k walk with a team at my daughter's school. In week 6 I went from a 22/24w down to a size 18/20W. Then in the summer of 2012 one of my friends wanted to do a 5 k with me so we signed up for another one. I went from a size 18/20W down to a size 16 regular. This time last year I weighed 220 pounds. I am currently at 186 pounds. I am 46 pounds away to reaching my goal weight. It's been a journey of ups and downs but I never gave up and I am ready to cross to the finish.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    I just LOVE all of you! So many stories, so many people who deserve to just be all that they are to be in every way!

I think the first thing for me is to get rid of the negative messages.

The "oh you can't lose weight at your age so accept it" type of messages...

"Don't get too skinny" type of messages

"oh at your age" type of messages

and I am only going to listen to the "sure it's easy, make a plan, follow the steps, help your friends" messages

and I'm gonna be easy on myself...when one of you is frustrated, I will be kind to you and encouraging...AND I am gonna be the same way to myself...

and I encourage all of you to take the same stance because that "I effed up so I might as well have another cookie" isn't gonna help me lose 40lbs and I am ON COURSE to lose 40lbs

Today is awesome! We'll make tomorrow awesome tomorrow!