Adding extra? Opinions/Advice?

Options
My butt is already killing me looking at the challenge ahead- but one thing I REALLY want to do is gain a stronger core/upper body. I'm thinking about doing the squats, along with push-ups and sit ups as well. I'm fairly athletic, but i'm not thin (yet!), so I was wondering if you guys think I shouldn't even try since it's so much to take on. I think I can do it, though. If anyone wants to try it with me, please join in so we can update each other!!

Replies

• 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Do the other things as well. they are all different muscle groups and will help with building the core. Do planking too! Great for the core! If you're going to do the squat challenge then I wouldn't add anything else to that muscle group. Add the other things though. But that's just my opinion. :-)
  • Embracethisday7
    Embracethisday7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm adding pushups and situps too! Breaking it down into sets helps spread it out a bit and it makes it more fun to throw in the other exercises!
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed you could do other things i'm doing the 30 day shred along with this so, feel free to do any other exercise along with this 1
  • sun_n_jazz
    sun_n_jazz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I'd love to tone my butt, but also my core while also working a touch on my upper body strength. I have been doing push ups, bicycle sit ups, torso twists and starting today I'll add in the squats! :)
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I am doing this together with 30 day sherd and 6 week 6 pack... and about once a week I do cycling class and weights!
  • riley76051
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! I've been doing it, my abs are screaming in protest-- but that's what ya gotta do, right? And thanks to Messy Missy I decided to do the shred as well. It'll be a good month for muscle building.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day challenge on top of P90X.