New and Looking for Friends

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Donna 45 married with 3 children and 2 grandchildren. I am on day 18 of my new healthy lifestyle and have lost 5 lbs with 34 more to drop to reach my goal of 130. I didn't drop any weight in my 2nd week, but I think from everything I have read, that it is because I was eating under 1200 calories a day.So now I am making an effort to hit that number every day. I own a consignment shop and was tired of dreaming that I would someday be able to wear all the cute "skinny" clothes that came in & out everyday, and decided it was time for me to stop dreaming and take action to make a change. I took a long hard look at the unhealthy lifestyle i was living and started making changes. I think the hardest thing for me was kicking my Pepsi addiction, but it has been over a month since I had one, and I have more energy now than I have had in years.Once that addiction was gone I started my new lifestyle in full swing. I now eat healthy and have cut out all junk food and fast food restaurants, except subway on days I work. I joined a gym and go 5-6 nights a week, bought a fitbit and started doing 30 day shred yesterday. It is funny how I am starting to look forward to my workouts, I really never thought I would enjoy sweat and sore muscles.
I am hoping to meet some new friends and find lots of motivation here =D

Replies

• merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Looks like your off to a great start! You can add me as a friend if you like!
  • PRQueen71
    Options
    Looking good and youre doing great. Add me too.
  • MomilyO
    Options
    Great job! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • NikkiRaeLucas
    NikkiRaeLucas Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It is a journey for sure and the more support and encouragment the better :)
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna,

I'm in the same boat, looking to find friends for inspiration and support, haven't had much success going it alone and I'm starting to really get into MFP, the sense of community is definitely helping. Add me as a friend, WE can do this together!!!

Nancy