Options
Kandi150
Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
How do I log it under exercise?

Replies

• AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If you've not got a HRM I find logging it as circuit training gives a fairly similar cal burn. :o)
  • Kandi150
    Options
    I guess I should have added I don't have a HRM :frown:
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have searched the web and can not find a good calculation but this may help
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/323506-how-many-calories-are-burned-doing-jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-level-2/
    If i find more I will post ASAP, I swear when I bought the video a couple months ago that I found a recommended formula
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I log it as either 25 minutes of circuit training OR 25 minutes of calisthenics (vigorous). They both give the about same amount of calories burned

I'm 5ft6 and about 190lbs. I do have a heart monitor, it's a cheap one so there is still a bit of guess work but for me, MFP gives me a pretty (within 5cal five or take compared to HRM) accurate estimate with either one of the above.

That's what works for me.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    20 minutes circuit training. Logging 25 is cheating ;)
  • Kandi150
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!
  • vamari22
    vamari22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In another thread on here, someone posted the following formula: multiply your weight by 3.267 to get the total calorie burn for 60 minutes. Divide by 3 to calculate calories burned for 20 minutes. Based on the numbers I got when I did the calculations, I assume this is for level 1 of the DVD. This is how I'm logging it for now.
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    I used circuit training for it last time (for 20 minutes), this time I have a HRM and it's actually not too far off from MFP's estimate for me but I've heard it can be.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    There's an app called Calories Burned Calculator (icon has stick figures) that does have the 30 DS listed. For me it gives me 222 calories in 20 minutes while that calculation upthread gives me 254. It's probably better to go with the lesser one if you're eating back your calories.
  • mrslynch
    mrslynch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've also heard that Curves Circuit Training is more accurate. Any chance someone with a HRM would be willing to look at their numbers in each of those methods ( the math, circuit, vigorous cal., curves circuit) and see what is the closest to your HRM?