FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
555304_161544954000342_1963534_n.png

Welcome to March!!!

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Καλό μήνα! Happy New Month!!

Well, I just blasted through Ripped in 30 in February, and am tempted to take a rest day. But I really want to shift my rest days to weekends, so I'll be doing something today, so I can rest this weekend (since workouts are tough to schedule at home with my husband and kids all here).

I will likely walk in the park this afternoon while my son is at his lessons and do my practice push-ups at home. I'm going to peruse Fitness blender too. If something jumps out at me, I'll give it a shot today. If not, then it'll be back to Jillian for today.

:happy:

ETA: Just did 3 fitness blender stretching routines. EXACTLY what I've been needing!! No impact, no strength, no abs, no cardio--just stretching my poor, exhausted muscles. I did Upper Body, Lower Back, and Lower Body stretching routines. Now, to get ready to go pick up my son and hit the park! :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Great to see lots of people joining up for accountability! I guess I'm quite a few hours ahead of alot of people who are in the US...but I can't be the only one up and out and moving today?!?! Don't forget to check in and share what you're doing today. By the looks of the introductions, there's lots of variety and I can't wait to learn more about all of the different types of workouts you are all doing. :smile:

My pedometer was acting up a little and not logging every step, but I worked it out. I managed to get >10,000 steps today. I think about 60% was just going to & fro (school, lessons, store, home) and about 40% was fast walking at the park. But I'm going to try to be more accurate with the pedometer in the future, so I'll know for sure.

Also, I've started changing the way I walk sometimes. I used to walk in an energy-conserving way (straight body, not alot of side-to-side movement), but lately I've been pumping my arms and swinging my hips, while still keeping a fast pace. I don't know what the others at the park think of me shaking my booty all over the place, but I guess they're just getting a free show with their workout! haha!! :laugh: Oh, I also got a 15 minute lay in the sun at the park and that felt amazing!:glasses:

Have a great Friday! :flowerforyou: Will check-in tomorrow! :happy:
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for setting this up. I love this group of people... You are all so funny and inspiring,
    I have 1 final day of ripped in 30 and then, I will be doing a combo of 5 Jillian workouts each week, one day of Zumba, and one day of running. That's my plan for this month anyhow,
    Let's go ladies!
    One other thing I have been doing is monthly photos, progress pics. Anyone interested in sharing these at the end of march? I'm scared, but this will motivate me!!! Lol
  • fighterdiva
    fighterdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am trying this training I found on Bodybuilding.com by Dr. Jim Stoppani which is a cardio & weight training, high intensity, where you do 100 reps per exercise with much less weight, so I am anxious to see the changes this helps me make in my physique. Everyone can feel free to add me to their friends. I will also add photo updates as much as I may hate it.
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    I do my workouts in the morning. So today I did C25k Week 1 Day 3 for the 30 minutes and then I did the elliptical for 30 minutes with varying resistance.
  • WindmillTilter
    WindmillTilter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing week 3 of a workout on found on a site for kettlebells. After I finish next week I'm going to change over to either the timed or double KB workout.

http://www.dragondoor.com/articles/kettlebell-training-for-full-body-fat-loss/

I have followed this workout pretty strictly except I do light cardio (yoga/walking/eliptical) on tues/thurs.

Also anyone can add me as a friend if you want. I plan on posting progress pics every month.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    March is here! Hello to everyone and hoping all is well with each of you.

I love to workout in the mornings and have a M-F fitness routine. I change up my rotation of dvds at least every four weeks, too.

This morning I did Debbie Sieber's Keep It Up DVD (40 mins) which KICKED my butt by the time she got to the intense floor leg work exercises. I could not do all of the reps but did my best and forgot the rest...LOL!!

It is a total body circuit with lots of squats, plies, and standing abs work. There is some kickboxing and use of resistance tubing to work the biceps, triceps, shoulders, and back...plus.... push-ups for the rest...LOL! I hadn't used this DVD in a year or longer. I love changing up my fitness rotations monthly now so will have this one in the mix for the next 4 weeks. My workout week is done done!

Please feel friend to send me a Friend request. :smile:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Today,,, for lunch i'm walking to the store.. and then when I get home from work.. I plan on a brisk pretty fast pace walk and some 30shred.. I like that for an everyday 20min workout.
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    Today has been an hour long swim which kicked my butt followed by a half hour walk with my dog.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I still needed to do RI30 today, as today was Week 4 Day 7 for me. But I am thinking about doing Yoga Meltdown for March... I will go to the store tonight after work and see if I can find it. I need something I can do *every *day, so 45 min or an hour is just too much to do :(.
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    Today is actually a rest day for me. And thank goodness because I needed it! I realized I was focused heavily on my lower body and so yesterday, along with my C25k, I added a half round of the British Fitness Military Red Workout (seen here: http://tribesports.com/blog/british-military-fitness-red-workout-challenge). I have to do my press ups on the wall and dang it if my arms aren't killing me today. But I'm going to stick with it!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I finally completed my last day of RI30 today. I'm taking this weekend off and then starting StrongLifts 5x5 on Monday.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd do Yoga Meltdown in March.. but after trying it out tonight, I can see it just won't be a "burn" workout. I may try The Biggest Loser: Cardio Max instead.. a 6 week program. Here's what I did today though --

1Mar: 31 min of RI30 Week 4 (250 Cal), 35 min of JMs Yoga Meltdown Lev1 (175 Cal) + 4.63 mi walked
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on Week 4 of the Ripped in 30 but will move on to Cardio Max and Yoga for warriors when I'm done.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So I ended up doing Turbo Jam lower body workout with the leg band..and it buurrred...intense but I did it..see you all tommorrow
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just did some simple cardio today 45 min on the eliptical and 15 min on the treadmill rolling hills. I noticed I didnt burn as many calories on the eliptical today than I have this past week. Guess its time for me to turn it up a notch maybe go up to level 5. We'll see...