What's in your bag?

I just joined this past Monday (Aug 13, 2012). I choose the bag instead of the shirt. Figured, why not get the bag, use it to put a few things to carry in and out. But now, since this is my first time ever in a gym, I have absolutely NO idea what to put into the bag to keep in there.

What are your staples that you KEEP in your bag at all times?

I'm keeping my lock for the locker definitely. But I can't really think of anything else that will STAY in the bag. I know I'll rotate a towel, socks, shoes, etc.

Replies

• mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Make sure it is a good heavy lock.

At the Elmwood Park, IL PF there has been a string of locker room thefts.

Any locks that were not normal padlocks or combination locks were broken into. I see a lot of people using small luggage locks or backpack locks, these were the locks broken off the lockers.
  • anniewvfan
    anniewvfan Posts: 8 Member
    Here's what I keep in my gym bag: flip flops (for showers), towell, shampoo/conditioner, razor, hairbrush, really flimsy terry cloth robe (that doesn't take up too much space), deoderant, ipod headphones, shower cap. My "throw ins" are: makeup, contact case and solution, hairspray, flat iron, change of clothes.

We haven't had any break in problems in my area. I heard that once, someone's Kindle was stolen, but because the gym has cameras everywhere, they were able to review the tapes and find the person who took it.
  • TriNorm
    TriNorm Posts: 27
    I usually also keep a spare pair of headphones, water bottle, and an emergency protein bar in my bag.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    I'm also intrigued by this - I just joined as well, and am putting together a bag to take with me!
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    I make sure to keep weight lifting gloves in my bag as well.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    2 magazines, water, & mp3 player
    I have a short window to workout so I go in, go straight to a machine & workout. If I'm doing the 30 min. circuit I just sit my jacket in a corner.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    water, jacket, mp3 player, headphones, hat, 2 magazines
    I have a short window to workout most days - just enough time for a cardio machine so I throw my stuff in a locker & hit my machine.
    I keep my phone (timer for interval training) & my keys with me at all times.
    I probably should buy a lock.
  • fairbanksk
    fairbanksk Posts: 52 Member
    Gym Clothes, Gym Shoes, Water Bottle, Headphones, Lock, Shower shoes, towel, shampoo, deo, tooth brush and toothpaste. Spare pair of socks.
  • two full water bottles, ipod holder, headphones, inhaler, locker lock, tanning lotion and goggles! :)