Bread maker

Options
I have gluten intolerance live in Australia and am looking for a bread maker with gluten options, does anyone use a bread maker? Also, quite a lot of gluten free products require a lot of oil can anything else be used? Dieting is difficult without wheat. I have only recently been told not to eat no gluten so counting calories is difficult. Any tips much appreciated.

Replies

• dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am on the lazy side and no energy and no longer bake bread. But when I was baking bread, I was advised that Zojirushi is the best and does have a cycle for gluten free bread.
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I use one that does NOT have a GF setting, most recipes or mixes say to use the basic setting, so thats what I do.
  • katimcmedick
    katimcmedick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @DietBelle I have the Cuisinart CBK200 Break Maker and it has a gluten free setting. It doesn't knead it near as much and let's it rise only once. Makes delicious bread! A bit on the pricey side but worth it!
  • YvonneLaRose
    YvonneLaRose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have a Sunbeam Quantum SmartBake.
    It does have a lot of Gluten free recipes in the booklet. I am just beginning gluten free diet to try to control a tummy problem.Can't get any satisfaction from Dr so decided to cut gluten from my diet and see if it improves.
    So as yet I need to shop for ingredients to make my bread.
    My old Sunbeam cooker had recipes as well but not specific for GF it just said to use the cake setting and to scrape the sides down in the first 10 mins.
    I'm doing lots of googleing to get an understanding of a GF diet and trying to fit it into MFP
    I'm in Australia:smile:
    Regards
    Yvonne