HOW are you getting FIT for delivery?

Options

Replies

• BlondAnnieOakley
    BlondAnnieOakley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW, you ladies are amazing!
    First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage that you had Oishii.. I pray this little one will be the joy of your life!!
    Don't worry about pushing it, you'll be able to get back to it in your 2nd Trimester.

Erinthebodo: Don't worry, you'll be feeling a lot better in your second trimester!! I could hardly do anything during my first due to being SO SICK. I threw up more than ever and was absolutely exhausted! But once my second trimester started, I was feeling GREAT and started back running and lifting pretty aggressively but yet carefully.. I think I've gained about 15 lbs. now at 33 weeks. My apt. is this week, so I'll find out for sure how much.

acampbe2umd, Velocimama, & rubyann125: WAY TO GO MAMA's!
    I also had a C-Section with my first. I'm PRAYING (literally praying!) that I can have a successful Vbac this time around.. but whatever it takes for a healthy baby :) Recovery took so much longer after my C-Section.. :( I gained about 27 lbs. with my first, and only lost about 15 right away.. the rest came off very slowly because I couldn't run or lift for at least 8 weeks after my C-Section. I had a lot of trouble recovering because I was in the ICU for a while which kept me from getting up right away and walking like I should have. Lord willing, this time will be different :)
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    WOW, you ladies are amazing!
    First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage that you had Oishii.. I pray this little one will be the joy of your life!!
    Don't worry about pushing it, you'll be able to get back to it in your 2nd Trimester.

Erinthebodo: Don't worry, you'll be feeling a lot better in your second trimester!! I could hardly do anything during my first due to being SO SICK. I threw up more than ever and was absolutely exhausted! But once my second trimester started, I was feeling GREAT and started back running and lifting pretty aggressively but yet carefully.. I think I've gained about 15 lbs. now at 33 weeks. My apt. is this week, so I'll find out for sure how much.

acampbe2umd, Velocimama, & rubyann125: WAY TO GO MAMA's!
    I also had a C-Section with my first. I'm PRAYING (literally praying!) that I can have a successful Vbac this time around.. but whatever it takes for a healthy baby :) Recovery took so much longer after my C-Section.. :( I gained about 27 lbs. with my first, and only lost about 15 right away.. the rest came off very slowly because I couldn't run or lift for at least 8 weeks after my C-Section. I had a lot of trouble recovering because I was in the ICU for a while which kept me from getting up right away and walking like I should have. Lord willing, this time will be different :)

I do hope you are able to have your VBAC!!! I have been reading and researching birth so that I can be prepared. If my back handles the pregnancy ok I will for sure be going for the VBAC, too!
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you're both able to have your VBAC's, but I can tell you that recovery after a scheduled c section is really easy compared to what I went through with my vaginal delivery with my first son (only because of the problems that I had delivering him lead to my scheduled c-section with my second son). So if you have to have a scheduled c, hopefully it will be easier on your body than an emergency c.
  • manit1117
    manit1117 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    21 weeks and I use the elliptical 3x/week and Chalean Extreme (weights) 3x/week. I also work my abs 5 days (planks, stability ball crunches and various side bends).
  • tarapickett
    tarapickett Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group and would love some new friends who are on the same journey as me. Prior to getting pregnant I lost 20lbs to be a very healthy 120-122. I'm currently 18 weeks and although my workout of choice is walking outside it has been too cold and too dark for that lately. I do AquaZumba at least once a week and I try to do Pilates, Yoga or Stretching for at least 10 minutes every morning. I've been eating well and so far have gained about 7lbs.
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 weeks.

Still working out about 5 days a week. Two of those days are with a trainer to keep me from getting bored out of my mind/to be a check to make sure that I'm doing things that are safe for me/baby. The other three I do weightlifting (stronglifts) and/or cardio (elliptical/arc trainer).

Did a body composition last week (we do them regularly), and I'm down cms everywhere but belly -- weight-wise, no gain or loss really (+/- 1-2 lbs any given day from where I started). Doctor says all is good.
  • BlondAnnieOakley
    Options
    Update...

Just had my 33/34 week check up yesterday. I've gained 17 lbs total.
    I am feeling great other than my abs are spitting apart. I have to be really careful while lifting weights now, not to do more damage.
    Still running or doing stair climber 4-6 days a week and lifting pretty heavy about 2-3 days a week.

People are starting to look at me funny at the gym and lots of nice compliments which is really encouraging but still just want a healthy baby more than anything else!!

Definitely starting to WADDLE more now! But some days I feel so good, I forget I'm pregnant... until I bend over to get something... or when I eat and I drop food all over this huge basketball in front of me! :)
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 weeks and I'm still jogging and walking almost every day, but I might have to slow it down to just a brisk walk because I've started to get some Braxton-hicks contractions and/or cramping on some days when I run. In the second trimester, I took it down to run/walking with spurts of running 5 minutes at a time up until a few weeks ago when I started just jogging 1-2 minutes at a time with walking in between. I have an appointment on Tuesday so I will tone it down some until then and I'll ask my doctor about it.
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    30 weeks now, and still using the elliptical from time to time, but I have switched to doing stationary bike more often as its less stress for certain parts of my body. I have been doing strength training with dumb bells, as I am not allowed to do heavy lifting. I get out for walks any time the cold weather breaks and we get some sunshine, and even went on a bike ride with my family (at nearly 7months pregnant, that was kind of funny). I am doing Yoga often to help stretch out my hips and pelvic muscles- especially since my midwife has given me exercises to do for my prolapse that make those muscles quite sore.

I love seeing what everyone is doing- though I am jealous of the runners out there. Due to my prolapse, I am not cleared to run. And I miss it like crazy!

Keep up the awesome work, Moms!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 33 weeks and still doing Zumba once a week, walking, doing yoga and strength training. I can also probably count my marathon cleaning that I am doing to prepare my house for my home birth, chasing my three kids around and still working 12 hour shifts on my feet! You ladies are all doing amazing! Keep it up!
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    12 weeks (so it is still early) - I feel sick 90% of the day and am always tired... BUT... I walk 2 - 5 miles per day, run (intervals), and do crossfit / lifting 3x per week. I feel better when I am active and I hope to be able to keep it up the entire time. I also hope in the next couple weeks I get some energy back!!

Keep it up ladies!!!
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had an appointment yesterday and the doctor said that my Braxton Hicks contractions were normal for this point in my pregnancy (almost 29 weeks), and that I shouldn't have to change my workouts as long as the contractions aren't painful and/or close together....so I'm happy about that!! I jogged yesterday and today and I haven't had any more.
  • BlondAnnieOakley
    Options
    Nursenikki!! HOLY cow!! You get my applause! Chasing three kids, working 12 hour shifts and STILL making (notice I said MAKING - not 'finding'!!) the time to stay fit during your pregnancy!!! WoooWhoo!!! Go girl!!
  • BlondAnnieOakley
    Options
    Wow ladies!! Don't ya just love how great it feels after a good workout!!
    Remember those days when the doctors used to advise basically staying on the couch for 9 months?! Let's show the next generation what FIT MAMA'S LOOK LIKE!!! yahoooo!!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Good for y'all! I'm almost at 26 weeks and I'm getting to the point where it's taking two days to recover from my workouts...my body feels like it has a lot of inflammation/swelling/achiness, so I should probably figure that out before I injure myself!
  • katsyear2019
    katsyear2019 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 1st trimester. I'm keeping my walking routine and some light weights. I went to the gym the other day and found myself dizzy after 20 minutes on the treadmill :( Once I'm in my 2nd Trimester I plan on stepping it up a bit. As far as diet, I had Gestational Diabetes with #1 & 2 so I'll have to be on a diet for the whole time.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have trouble with Charley horses? I had my first one this pregnancy and felt the biggest knot in my calf when it was spasming...then it hurt for two days after! I am drinking more water and took some TUMS for calcium, but is there anything you guys do to prevent them?
  • BlondAnnieOakley
    Options
    Does anyone have trouble with Charley horses? I had my first one this pregnancy and felt the biggest knot in my calf when it was spasming...then it hurt for two days after! I am drinking more water and took some TUMS for calcium, but is there anything you guys do to prevent them?

YES!!! Definitely!! I've had them really bad! But I think it's due to us mama's needing even MORE water, and also a possibility of a potassium deficiency since the baby is taking everything from us.
    I'm trying to increase my intake through food, as well as making sure I take my PreNatal Vit. I also sometimes stretch really well before I go to bed. That seems to help ward them off!
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    30 weeks pregnant and I'm eating between 1500 and 1600 calories a day. When I work out, I eat back all of my exercise calories. I don't get to the gym to much now (only because of the lack of a babysitter) but I stay active by cleaning, taking the kids to the park and walking to places that are around town.
  • lucylouhunter84
    lucylouhunter84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 18 weeks today and just looking to get back into an exercise routine from this week. Was working out 3-4 times a week (Jillian Michaels / Zumba / Davina McCall) before I found out but just stopped due to nausea and tiredness. Finally getting my energy back and know I need to do something to get my fitness back! Hopefully looking to get back to exercising 3-4 times a week (Erin O'Brien / Yoga / Pilates).