Hair Loss

Options
momskg
momskg Posts: 10 Member
Hi, I was sleeved last October and everything is going great except for an increase in hair loss. Does anyone know if this usually stops after awhile? thanks.

Replies

• jasonfndr
    jasonfndr Posts: 39
    Options
    I have not noticed that I have had any hair loss. I do have serious dry skin now. I have never had a dry skin problem until now.
  • mooglequeen
    Options
    I'm almost a year out & I am still losing some but defiantly has gotten better! Try using Biotin
  • lisaruth63
    Options
    Make sure you are getting in your daily protein. I have also heard biotin supplement is good.
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months out. The hair loss is not as much but I do take added zinc to support it on top of my multi vitamin. I did have very thick hair so it is not too bad but I notice it. Still owuldn't swap the weight loss for my think hair tho!!
  • momskg
    momskg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I also have very dry skin now. I think it is because I have a hard time drinking all that water every day.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't eating a lot of fat either.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 6/11/12 and started seeing hair loss from 3 months post op to 6 months post op. It stopped in Dec 2012 and I haven't had any hair loss since. I do take Biotin every day and took it pre op also for about 3 month pre op.
    It happens to almost everyone that goes through WLS. It's from not getting enough protein the first few days after surgery, your body processes it to use on other areas of you body and with hair growth and shedding you don't see the effects till 3 months out from surgery.
    I also used a special shampoo but really I don't think anything will help from not having it. Just try to get as much protein in as you can. After about month 4 post op I was trying to get at least 100 grams of protein a day and still do try to.
    Good luck!
  • JumpingJacs
    JumpingJacs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved a year ago in Dec. my hair is quite thin now. I am told to increase my protein and take biotin. Hope this helps and congrats to you!