sore.

Options
hon3yd0g
hon3yd0g Posts: 52 Member
so im day 2 of the 30 day shred,my leg muscles are sore.wondering do u have any breaks?or just keep working out??

Replies

• Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to workout 6 days then break for 1!! I'm still gonna complete each for 10 days I personally can't workout 7 days a week!!! Do what you think your body needs!!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    If you feel you need a rest day take it. Don't get injured doing this or any exercise! Good luck!
  • Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to take a break but since I got hustled in to working a 21 hour weekend I think I'll be skipping today. But I'll be non stop till the 31!!! (Hopefully)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It's better to take a break for a day than to end up with an injury. But maybe you could do some light stretching to loosen things up a bit...it helps me as long as I am careful.
  • hon3yd0g
    hon3yd0g Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks guys.i know muscles need time 2 heal.ill carry on,just sore when bend down 2 change my daughter,and any bending.lol.not good on the 21 hr shift!goodluck
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    Listen to your body! If you think you need a rest day, definitely take one. Much better than risking injury, IMO :)
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you are just sore, push through it. It gets better about day 4. My thighs and calves were killing me too but Day 4 was better and today was day 6.
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I took a rest day today because I slept in and didn't have time to workout for the rest of the day :( I'll be going flat out until the 31st though hopefully.

I say, if you need a day then take it. Your body is getting used to a new workout though so it's bound to be a little sore. If you can, try and push through but if it's too painful then take a day to recover. You don't want to push too hard and injure yourself and be unable to finish the challenge. Listen to your body.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how sore I was after day 1! Everything hurt! I didn't think I'd be able to do day 2, but it was actually easier than day 1. It's mostly abs and glutes for me. I like the feeling that I am working these muscles. Hopefully I'm not more sore tomorrow. :)
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I told my daughter she had to keep me on track. I don't want to take a day off. I am afraid if I take one day it will lead to two and so on. I want to go the straight 30 days and see what happens. It is only 20 minutes after all. I know I can do 20 minutes a day if I don't let myself slack off.