New to Yoga

Options
heysarge13
heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
I suffer from chronic neck and back pain. Being that I'm in the military I'm always concerned about being healthy and physically fit. I maintain a good balance of cardio and strength training. However every six months or so my previous injury comes back to haunt me and derails my progress. A friend recommended yoga to me to help build my core strength and flexibility. I'm completely on board but the issue is that I'm currently deployed to Africa and there isn't a lot of place to go do yoga here. So I'm looking for a website that provides good downloadable yoga sessions.

Replies

• cherrytm
    cherrytm Posts: 13
    Options
    I think there's a thread about this website already, but in case you missed it!
    www.doyogawithme.com/yoga_classes
    -online yoga classes that you can follow along with ranging from beginner to advanced. It sounds like you're already in great physical shape, but I'd still start with the beginner videos so you can learn the basics of the poses and build on from there.

I've also searched on youtube for 'yoga core building exercises' with some success.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Here are some more:

yogaglo
    yoga journal's website
    ihanuman (audio mostly)