WOOT WOOT!

Options
AmazonRDH
AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
After week 7 of the C25K, I had my first 5K yesterday! The Dirty Girl Mud Run! It was hard because it was uphill, running through mud, rocks and sand, and there were about 8 obstacles on the course. I'm sore today in places I didn't know I had muscles, but it was AMAZING! and let me tell you, I had to walk parts of it, but I was sooooooo excited to have done it! I have another 5K in 2 weeks (The breast cancer Race for the Cure) and another on April 6 (the Rave Run). Sign up for one, whether you feel READY or not, it will motivate you!!!!!!

Replies

• jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! What a challenge for your first. Rock on! Your upcoming one will be a breeze in comparison. WOW!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Great job. I need to sign up for one for April to keep me focused on a goal. My 5k is next week and I'm also around week 7 of the program.
  • xDaniix
    xDaniix Posts: 51
    Options
    Wow! Well done!! :D
  • abelljam
    abelljam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!! That's amazing!
  • bootcey
    bootcey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I have signed up for a 1 mile on 3/23 and a 5k on March 30th. You are so right it does serve as a great inspiration to not give up.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Good for you!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I really want to do a mud run. Did you use old shoes?
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    YES I used old shoes. they actually washed up really well and I put them aside for future mud runs. THEY ARE ADDICTING! We already registered for next year's Dirty Girl. We also want to do the Kiss Me Dirty one........... but the Tough Mudder looks a littttttle too intimidating for us! We like the ones that are girls only. BTW I had to wash my clothes 3 times to get all the mud out, LMAO!!! It was a blast................... now we have the Race for the Cure in two weeks, and then the Rave Run two weeks after that, all 5K's... keeps my butt moving forward!