New to the group. I would love some new friends.

Options
Hi everyone. I am a 27 year old law student, and I weigh 405 pounds, down from 445 last March. I just recently bought a scale.

Since January I have been trying to eat at 1600 cals a day, but I recently raised it to 1800 because I was feeling hungry and moody all the time. I have been frustrated because my scale is not moving.

I would love some new friends, especially women. I feel like women might have it harder in the weight loss department.

Thanks!

Replies

• River__Song
    River__Song Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Congrats on losing your first 40 pounds. Good luck on your journey.
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can add me. WTG!! On your first 40 :)
  • pnpatti
    Options
    Hi you can add me as a friend. It is harder for women to drop the weight but we can do it! You're already on the right road.:happy:
  • Sexyf28
    Sexyf28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request right now! :)
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    sent a request
  • bongail92
    bongail92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HELLO congrats on your loss of 40 and I know there will be more loss to come...you can add me..I havnt been on here long but friends help you make it through the day sometimes..
  • plussizedvegetarian
    Options
    Way to go @ 40 lbs. down, that is awesome! I'd love to be your new fitness pal, I'll send you a request! By the way, the calories you're eating, was the amount determined by MFP, or is it a plan you came to the site with? I'm currently following their recommendations on my calorie count.
  • tallulahthunderbird
    Options
    I lowered my calories from what they recommended. I went to 1600 at first, but the scale was no moving and Iw as hungry and crabby a lot, so I raised it to 1800. It seems to be working so far!
  • plussizedvegetarian
    Options
    I think that's great that you increased your calories and found success w/it. I messed up my metabolism years ago overexercising & starvation dieting *argh*, so I try to eat near or all of my calories to keep the metabolism going.
  • Jaxxy_Fae
    Options
    I sent you a request!
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I sent you a request.
  • kaseynaves
    kaseynaves Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weighted In at 403 < joined a Wellness challenge < 1st wk weight in> Stoped the Soda ( my addiction ) and droped 19.6pds by 1st week., This will be week 2 and Tuesday 's are weigh in day... need some friends who understand and a support team ...helping each other will be how we do this
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    lulahbird welcome to the group. I will send you a request. I am always looking for friends who have a lot to lose.
  • marcuscross104
    marcuscross104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add Me!